Warning when looking for used parts

Old December 10th, 2013, 09:20 AM

Thumbs down Warning when looking for used parts

On October 17th of this year I ordered a pair of taillight bezels for my 1974 Oldsmobile, Omega from a company called Billions & Trillions Inc. located at 7758 East 106th Street, in Tulsa, OK. 74133.

The male person I spoke to told me he had a pair and they were "perfect" When I asked if he was sure of their condition, he said "yes, I'm looking right at them". After agreeing on a price of $325. he said "they will ship tomorrow" After waiting over two weeks I called to find out what their status is. Nobody answered the 918-291-1966 phone number, so I left my phone number, along with a detailed message about my concern. I waited another two days for a return call, but none came. For the next two days, ( Oct. 31st and Nov. 1st ) I again left messages. On Sunday Nov. 3rd. I could only leave a message, but in the message I stated I would be contacting my credit union to request a credit of the $325. charge which the company initiated the very same day I called.

I guess at this point he realized I wasn't going to go away, because he called me and gave some excuses. All trust I had, was by this time gone. I told him to cancel the order and return my money. He then said the order had already gone out and it was too late. It was then that I asked what the tracking number was so I could verify it. He told me he didn't have it. I insisted. He said a girl will call me later with the number. A few hours later a girl did call with a so-called tracking number from UPS. I checked with UPS and the number was invalid. She also told me the package had been picked up at 7am that day. Well that is not how UPS operates. Typically UPS delivers in the morning and picks up in the afternoon. They try to leave their facility at 8:50 am to begin their deliveries, not 7am. At this point I knew their word was not to be trusted.

On Tuesday November 12th, at 10:45 am I received the package. The tracking number is 1Z 67W 4A3 42 4155 7362. Upon opening the package my suspicions were confirmed. I had been grossly lied to as to it's so-called "perfect" condition. They were in horrible condition with pits and rust. The photos I took will bear this out. The next thing I did was check the tracking number on UPS website. What I found was exactly what I suspected, and that is the package had not gone out on the 4th of November when I told the man I wanted to cancel, they went out November 5th, the next day. If someone wants to check, they merely have to check themselves using the same tracking number above.

I immediately called the Billions & Trillions company spoke to the same man and complained about his fraudulent representation regarding the condition of the bezels and his fraudulent statements that they had already been picked up by UPS, as well as he not honoring my request to cancel the order. His response was "well you own them now, too bad".

If you're thinking of dealing with Billions & Trillions Inc. I would advise you to think twice, lest this happens to you. Always insist on a C.O.D. payment only and inspection. If I had, this bum would not have agreed knowing he intended to ship me a piece of garbage and I would not be out $325.

Please pass this information on to others in the car hobby so they also may be forewarned.

Lets all stick together and raise our voices against fraudulent operators who are willing to scam people out of their hard earned money.

CSP654
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

You are not the first, and I encourage you to use the search function on our website before dealing with vendors.
This site has over 20,000 members, so chances are someone has already walked the road ahead of you.
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

We've heard this same story about Billions and Trillions before.

They are a well known scam outfit.

Unfortunately not so well known that they didn't get you.

Sorry.

- Eric
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:39 AM

Well that sucks. Drive over and shake the $hit out of him to get your money back. He would run like a scared cat if you showed up at his door. Seen their website before. I think I will send them a message
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Do you have any pictures? Did you pay with a credit card?
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Big Daddy No Bucks

If you paid via CC I would simply dispute.

The condition of the item purchased does not equal the description you were given.

If he wants his crap sent back ...

Make him provide a pre-paid shipping label.
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Originally Posted by Kyle's 77 Cutlass
I think I will send them a message
Won't do you any good, he's kind of a goof and would probably laugh it off.

It seems he uses the car parts biz to make odd movies and videos starring himself. I can't say for sure.
http://www.imdb.com/video/withoutabo...ef_=tt_pv_vi_1
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:52 AM

"well you own them now, too bad".
================
That would be a priceless recording to put on youtube.
Just based on the web page, and the "prices" I would never consider conversing with B&T- do a web search and you will learn a few thinks about the feller that runs that. "Kooky" is a bit of an understatement.

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...trillions.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bikerfox

https://www.facebook.com/Bikerfox

"There seems to be a misconception about our company. We do not sell perfect, show-quality car parts. What we do sell is far superior muscle car parts over our competition. When you go to YouTube, you can clearly see the quality of the products we sell. "

"A few weeks ago I came across a YouTube video showing exactly the part my dad needed for his '66 Bonneville, a battery tray.I got the phone number off the posting and called Billions and Trillions, spoke to the owner, Frank who was very helpful at first and glad to let me know how hard this part is to get and that the price $185 + $15 shipping.

For this "deal" he told me this would be an original part, bead blasted and in excellent condition. When I finally decided to order it I called back, asked if he took Paypal, to which he said Visa, MC or Discover (he said no Paypal because then he'd have to answer to the good people at Ebay, yet his website which I looked at after I ordered showed he's an Ebay seller) He explained he would ship it in week, a week passed, I called, he said he was having some issues getting the part finished and that it would ship the next week. It didn't come, so I called again, he said it shipped so I waited. He mentioned on the last call that the part may need some grinding done, but again, assured me it was all good.

Then "IT" arrived. This was probably at some point circa 1966 a good quality part, but what I got was a horribly welded on piece of trash that was not worth what I paid. I immediately called Frank who said that with an hour of grinding this part would be great -something I told him he should have done before shipping it. Many frustrating calls later I got this smug comment from him, "your credit card company won't give you your money back, I fight these all the time and win".

Pretty telling as to what kind of SCAMMER he is. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY! His companies are: Billions and Trillions, owner: Frank P. DeLarzelere III, AKA GTO guru or Muscle Car guru and Bikerfox

This is their disclaimer which says a lot about the company:

"Founded in 1988 by Frank P. DeLarzelere III, Billions and Trillions Inc. has grown into a worldwide mail order business. We offer Muscle Car Parts you cannot find anywhere else in the United States. We strive to have the highest quality parts available.

Billions & Trillions does not sell MINT or PERFECT Show Quality Car Parts. Contrary to popular belief, we do not work for free. For this reason, our prices are not the lowest you will find. If you decide to change your mind because you have found the part cheaper somewhere else such as eBay, we do not price match our competitors or give refunds for the difference.

Once Billions & Trillions starts working on your order, we do not cancel orders. If you ask to restore two fenders and then change your mind next week, we also will not give a refund. In case we have sent you the wrong part or is our mistake, we guarantee 100% to rectify and correct the problem immediately. For the reason that we work 12-14 hours a day restoring used Muscle Car Parts, we simply do not give refunds.

When re-conditioning 40 and 50 year old auto parts, nothing is perfect. We do not sell perfect car parts. Our parts are of the highest quality we can find. Billions & Trillions can re-chrome your bumpers to street or show quality (please specify when ordering).

Billions & Trillions also has a chrome shop where you can have your stainless steel and aluminum straightened, polished and refurbished. Billions & Trillions can also weld any type of metal including cast, pot metal, aluminum, stainless steel, and plastic. If you have a rare plastic grill, we can recondition it to the best of our ability. As you can see, the majority of our parts are in very good condition and/or have been reconditioned to the best of our ability.

The parts selection at Billions & Trillions Inc. is second to none. If there is a problem or mistake we have made with your order, please call us before shipping anything back to our warehouse. Any unexpected returns will be refused by our company. Give us a call at 918-291-1xxx".

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY, EVER! "

Last edited by Octania; December 10th, 2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM

I had the same problem with this idiot. I bought tail light lenses for my 64 Cutlass that were supposed to be perfect, "as good as new". When I got them, they were far from perfect. I complained and got the same answer. I own them. I will never deal with him again.
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:57 AM

I have ran into there website a few times looking for parts online and have contacted them but the way they replied I did not trust them so I steered away.

x2 on the cc I would dispute as well.
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle's 77 Cutlass
Drive over and shake the $hit out of him to get your money back. He would run like a scared cat if you showed up at his door.
that won't work either. strickly a phone only business. know someone who wanted to go to his place to see what he had, believe fenced gate was as far as he got.

x2 on the search feature
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Rodney

Billions & Trillions

Yeah, I talked to this bozo last year about a rear quarter panel. He had one picture of the outside posted on his web site, so I requested some additional pics of the backside and trunk drop off area. He said he was too busy to take more photos, to which I said I couldn't buy parts sight-unseen. He then hung-up on me! Such a classy guy! Post your experience in an on-line review so others can avoid this scammer!
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:59 AM

WOW! to everyone. Well I'm far from giving up guys, just not in my dna. I have contacted my credit union, filed a detailed report, including phone records, UPS documentation and also I also sent the parts back certified mail with a signature required hoping they would accept them and yesterday I got the certification back from the post office proving the scumbagger now has them. I also want to post the photos I took but can't figure out how (help gratefully accepted) I also intend to contact corporate offices of Visa, MC and discover to advise them about this criminal. If more people complain to them they will revoke his privileges. Hit him where it hurts the most, IN HIS WALLET! Right now, all you men and women who really care about this hobby of ours, take only a few minutes out of your day (I know your busy) Let your voice be heard, don't take this insult. If any of you get scammed on anything at all I will absolutely take up your cause and support you. We may be little people in the eyes of Mr. Frank DeLazelere, but as a group we can get others to listen. I refuse to be a victim.

PS: I've got $100. in my pocket for anyone who will provide his home address. A home phone number will be nice as well.
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:04 AM

cdrod what is an on-line review?
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by csp654
WOW! to everyone. Well I'm far from giving up guys, just not in my dna. I have contacted my credit union, filed a detailed report, including phone records, UPS documentation and also I also sent the parts back certified mail with a signature required hoping they would accept them and yesterday I got the certification back from the post office proving the scumbagger now has them. I also want to post the photos I took but can't figure out how (help gratefully accepted) I also intend to contact corporate offices of Visa, MC and discover to advise them about this criminal. If more people complain to them they will revoke his privileges. Hit him where it hurts the most, IN HIS WALLET! Right now, all you men and women who really care about this hobby of ours, take only a few minutes out of your day (I know your busy) Let your voice be heard, don't take this insult. If any of you get scammed on anything at all I will absolutely take up your cause and support you. We may be little people in the eyes of Mr. Frank DeLazelere, but as a group we can get others to listen. I refuse to be a victim.

PS: I've got $100. in my pocket for anyone who will provide his home address. A home phone number will be nice as well.

Good for you! I had a similar problem with another vendor years ago where I was sold inferior parts and some that were used when I was told everything was new. They refused to take them back so I did the same thing as you and shipped them back (with no return address In conjunction with the credit card dispute on file, I had their signature on the returned package so they had no choice but to refund it. Don't let these thieves take advantage. As it is, I'm amazed they charged so much for a pair of Omega taillights. Did you try calling around, maybe DVAP, etc? That seems excessively high for used, low-demand parts.

Good luck wrapping this up and teaching that dude not to screw people.
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Lansing built

The obvious, Oklahoma better business website "11 complaints in the last 12 months" but has an A+ rating!

Pat
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:23 AM

I would not be upset if this guy's business got Molotoved.
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM

Hey everyone, I was just telling my wife about my postings and she said "******* why don't you contact the Oklahoma States Attorney's office?" She is a brilliant person but I still hate when she's right (not the ******* part I mean the states attorney)

csp654
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:33 AM

I would recommend a listing on http://www.ripoffreport.com detailing just what happened. Each person ripped off can add comments and experiences as well. It won't fix the problem but it will help others to not be ripped off as well.
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Lansing built

If it's anything like Michigans attorney general, they will send them a letter and then await B&T response by letter disputing your claim, in turn the attorney general will tell you that they have done all they can do for you and to file a suit in small claims court!

Pat
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:48 AM
CQR

Feel free to e-mail the pics to me. I'll post them up. I sent my e-mail to you in a pm.
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM

The standard "Costpenn" rant:

Brothers Automotive is not far behind B&T when it comes to LYING - yes LYING - to their customers. The problems I had with getting a stupid heater hose to intake nipple, and - most costly and infuriating - being sold an incorrect, non usable 4 speed shifter hump: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...installed.html are beyond belief.

I will spend the rest of my days on this earth doing everything I can to warn my fellow Olds enthusiasts about these charlatans.
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Registered Luser

I would never buy a part long distance without several detailed pics first! Did all here who had an issue with his junk get pics first? Not defending this mucus sack, but, would be wise. The mods here should make this thread sticky for protection of any other people that may be scammed! I think there is enough evidence proving this guy is garbage....
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Lansing built

Originally Posted by costpenn
The standard "Costpenn" rant:

Brothers Automotive is not far behind B&T when it comes to LYING - yes LYING - to their customers. The problems I had with getting a stupid heater hose to intake nipple, and - most costly and infuriating - being sold an incorrect, non usable 4 speed shifter hump: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...installed.html are beyond belief.

I will spend the rest of my days on this earth doing everything I can to warn my fellow Olds enthusiasts about these charlatans.
I am with you! Had the same go around with Steve about 12 years ago, I just protested the charges due to no parts being sent, got every excuse, except the dog ate it! Steve told to me to never do business with Brothers any more, I said it's hard to do business when no parts are being sent. Brothers has been bad for all of the R.E. Olds chapter members also.

Plain and simple we need a moderator to put a sticky up for good and bad vendors.

Pat
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:54 PM

1970cs: Yes and they are all different on how they handle consumer complaints and thy are usually understaffed. They should all be like Connecticut's former AG Richard Blumenthal. He was a friggen pit-bull., which is why the people elected him to the senate. I'm glad you reminded me of the BBB. They are not what most people think.
They are not consumer advocats. They don't care how many complaints a company has, just as long as it is resolved. The number of victims who go any further than complaining to the company is less than 10%. With that said. what the company will typically do is a full or partial refund and that's enough to satisfy the BBB. Afterall they don't want to lose a dues paying member. So satisfy 10% and get fat on the other 90%. They're as bad as the scammers.

76REGENCY: Your right-on. You want them to be dumb enough to accept delivery back to them. Amazed 76Regency? Well you should be flabbergasted to learn that the purchase was not for 2 complete taillight assemblies, it was for bezels only. I've searched everywhere and just can't find any nos or repops so I was desperate, and when you're desperate a person will sometimes do foolish things. What's DVAP?

csp654

Hullinger: Thanks,

KODA: Yes, with him trapped inside. Or better yet, with him trapped and holding a faulty fire extinguisher that he purchased on Ebay. Revenge is best served cold.
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:55 PM

Guess I got lucky

I looked at an Ad for Billions and Trillions for 47 Olds taillights. Very high price but when he couldn't (wouldn't) provide additional pics I walked. Didn't pass the sniff test.

FWIW
I always buy with my VISA and they have always backed me up on non-delivered, wrong stuff or junky and refunded.

BBB is funded by merchants. Don't expect objective evaluations or any real action. That would be biting the hand that feeds them.

Washington State's Attorney General's office will go further in pursuing scam artists than many other States.

Always look on line for reviews of vendors before buying.

Jerry
Old December 10th, 2013, 02:06 PM

Thanks cqr for your interest, I tried to do it but got confused and gave up. I'm including my email address so if you send me a message I can send you back the photos.

Thanks again, Frank Martin cspk9york@yahoo.com
Old December 10th, 2013, 02:13 PM

That's the spirit costpenn. Right-on. If there is anything I can do to help you with these crooks, just let me know and I will do anything I can to help.

csp654
Old December 10th, 2013, 02:48 PM

www.dvap.com
Old December 10th, 2013, 03:35 PM
CQR

E-mail sent.
Old December 10th, 2013, 03:52 PM

This is why you always buy parts with a credit card. I've been had several times and the credit card companies always taker care of it one way or another.
Old December 10th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Hookers under Hood

Thanks for the info I won't be using them.
Old December 10th, 2013, 06:28 PM

Got it, brothers is out to!
Old December 10th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm indecisive. Or am I..

I talked to this knucklehead once. Promised me the moon with a moonshot price. My spidey senses were tingling and I figured it was too good to be true. My logic was telling me - 'how can this guy accumulate this much NOS stuff in a lifetime without every friend and family member working at GM dealerships emptying shelves since 1940?'
I passed. I tried one more time for a few goodies via e-mail and he responded over a week later saying he does business via telephone only. Naturally my general suspicion of everything told me this is to avoid any type of documentation that can be used against him.

Summer road trip to Tulsa everyone?

7758 E. 106th Tulsa OK 74133
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:08 PM

On a totally unrelated topic, I once read a great book on revenge. Oh, I don't know, things like ordering pizza to a persons address under their name. Calling tree companies, tow trucks, different service companies in the persons area & setting up appointments for service. Going to a menards or book store to the magazine aisle, getting 76 magazine subscription cards, filling them out with a persons name & address & checking off the "bill me later" box. No stamp is needed as those cards can be mailed at the magazine companies expense. Dropping a few cards a day at the local post office or in the outgoing mail. Imagine the fun when all those magazines start coming & then the bills a short time later. Of course this is all hypothetical & I would not want anyone to really do things like this...
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I have heard that the kids today have developed a new form of harassment, often directed toward the rich and famous, as the resulting press coverage is fun to watch, called "SWATting".

The wicked prankster (whom I utterly despise, and would never advise emulating) calls 911 from a public location and describes a kidnapping or similar even in progress at the target's home, with multiple assailants, apparent automatic weapons, and possible explosives.
The resulting response includes destruction of doors, shooting of dogs, and hogtying of man, woman, and child before it turns out that "it was all a misunderstanding."

I believe that the financial types call it "leveraging."

- Eric
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

Originally Posted by oldspackrat
...getting 76 magazine subscription cards, filling them out with a persons name & address & checking off the "bill me later" box. No stamp is needed as those cards can be mailed at the magazine companies expense. Dropping a few cards a day at the local post office or in the outgoing mail. Imagine the fun when all those magazines start coming & then the bills a short time later. Of course this is all hypothetical & I would not want anyone to really do things like this...
Hahaha. I know of someone () who did this to a former boss who was a real tool. 'cept all the subscription cards were for **** mags
Old December 11th, 2013, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by MDchanic
...calls 911 from a public location and describes a kidnapping or similar even in progress at the target's home, with multiple assailants, apparent automatic weapons, and possible explosives.
The resulting response includes destruction of doors, shooting of dogs, and hogtying of man, woman, and child before it turns out that "it was all a misunderstanding." - Eric
Bad idea today
911 instantly knows the GPS coordinates of the phone making the call. Poor use of our 911 resources.

Road trip- in this day and age, with the twittering and whatnot, you'd think that a Flash Mob could be arranged at the idiot's place. Cruise-in in the summer, with all the folks he has ripped off and all their buddies show up at once and toss the fugly crap back over his fence.

This guy does, however, serve a good purpose.

He makes epay's "originality_plus" look like a great deal- at least for rapist prices, O+ provides actual NOS parts!!
Old December 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Octania
... a Flash Mob could be arranged at the idiot's place. Cruise-in in the summer, with all the folks he has ripped off and all their buddies show up at once and toss the fugly crap back over his fence.
Actually, not a bad idea - the tossing over the fence would be visually interesting, and could be a hook for local news, which could be picked up nationally.

- Eric
Old December 11th, 2013, 11:26 AM

I love you crazy kids

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Warning when looking for used parts