Warning when looking for used parts

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2013, 04:11 PM
CQR

Here are the photos csp654 sent me. Some aren't focused very well, but they definitely are not perfect condition by any means. They are off my Photobucket, because I'm supposedly missing a security token.

sophie158.jpg
sophie166.jpg
sophie165.jpg
sophie164.jpg
sophie163.jpg
sophie162.jpg
sophie161.jpg
sophie159.jpg
Old December 11th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

The FBI needs to be on this guy for interstate fraud.

And the Arts Institute should be on the OP for exceptionally poor use of a camera.

- Eric
Old December 11th, 2013, 04:53 PM

Always search the company you buy parts from, no matter what the part. Someone has dealt with them before. You would have found this out about billions and trillions...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aMpr3oPTz690

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...a-c182411.html

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/877454/

http://www.bikerfox.com/

Last edited by TK-65; December 11th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old December 11th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Well, if anyone goes to Tulsa to look for the guy, it doesn't seem like he'd be too hard to find:

Eeeeeeeeeeew.

You'd think a guy who'd p'd that many people off would keep a lower profile...

- Eric
Old December 11th, 2013, 06:47 PM

A face only a mother could love !!!!!!
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:17 PM

Evidently, he has a "GTO Guru" living in a shed in his back yard!

Last edited by Octania; December 11th, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:23 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 76olds
Thanks for the info I won't be using them.
x2
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1.jpg (64.4 KB, 1847 views)
2.jpg (26.3 KB, 1839 views)
3.jpg (47.1 KB, 1833 views)
4.jpg (143.1 KB, 1840 views)
5.jpg (76.1 KB, 1852 views)
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Registered Luser

You guys are hilarious! Eric, I hope those pics didn't come out of your personal collection.....

Looks like the guy has done OK for himself with everyone's money.....
Old December 12th, 2013, 03:39 AM

The guy looks reputable enough too funny
Old December 15th, 2013, 05:50 PM

There is an up side to those Omega parts. At least the delivery truck didn't run over them. At a quick glance at the guy (that's all I could take!) I couldn't deal with him face to face, much less over the phone. Keep on him guys!!
Old December 15th, 2013, 10:30 PM

Road trip- in this day and age, with the twittering and whatnot, you'd think that a Flash Mob could be arranged at the idiot's place. Cruise-in in the summer, with all the folks he has ripped off and all their buddies show up at once and toss the fugly crap back over his fence.

He'd just wipe the dirt off and mark up the price of the towels he used by about a billion or trillion and get some unsuspecting sap for their cash.
Old December 15th, 2013, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by MDchanic
Well, if anyone goes to Tulsa to look for the guy, it doesn't seem like he'd be too hard to find:

Eeeeeeeeeeew.

Damn! Shouldn't have looked at this so close to bedtime, for two reasons. First I can't stop laughing, and second because I think when I finally do I'll have nighmares. Guess you don't have to be straight to be a *****.
You'd think a guy who'd p'd that many people off would keep a lower profile...

- Eric
Old December 15th, 2013, 11:18 PM

Hmmm... I have extended family up near Tulsa. I could always head out to "see" the surrounding areas. Plus I work offshore, so I'd be able to be out of the area soon after, LOL... Let me know on the road trip!
Old December 16th, 2013, 06:14 PM

Hay all of you out there, Guess what!!! A little while ago I received a phone call from our favorite guy to hate. Yes that's right Mr. Frank Delazelere call a stated he is refunding my money. He then wished me a merry Christmas and hung-up. I immediately went to my window to see if there were three wisemen on the horizon and another miracle in the works. Do you think he read our posts? I intend to continue with the plans I'm implementing until I see the refund in black and white.
csp654
Old December 16th, 2013, 06:35 PM

Holy smoke! I just saw the pics. The guy looks a little light on his feet to me. Where did the pics come from, Gay Mens Quarterly?
csp654
Old December 16th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Hmmmm the checks in the mail. Let us know when you get it.
Old December 16th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Old School Olds

Exclamation Yuck!

^^^Sometime next year IF he's lucky.
That feller shore looks like a humdinger boy howdy,
I tell you whut.
Old December 16th, 2013, 09:01 PM

Wow. The pressure of exposure. What wonders can it not achieve? Good for you. Never had to go this far were "he" honest.
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:53 PM

I have never had a dealing with B&T but I bought quite a few really nice Olds parts from another guy in the Tulsa area. He said this B&T guy bought a lot of parts from him.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...t-ontario.html

On another similar note, refer to above link and/or read below(long but very informative!)I was scammed on this site by a fellow CO member/Olds guy in Canada that did basically the same thing. He advertised he had an NOS set of 1970 Cutlass S/F-85 grills. I contacted him and he sent me pics of the boxes and only a couple of long distance/bad angle shots of the grills. Being that I trusted a member of this site and a supposed long term Olds guy, I decided to guy them. He wanted MO/Cashiers check, etc. but I insisted on Paypal. That was the absolute smartest thing I could have done. When I finally received the grills, I pulled the first one out of an original box and instantly got sick to my stomach. It was a VERY USED grill that was warped and cracked with some very poor attempts at very shoddy repairs. I pulled the other grill out and it was as bad or worse. I did contact him and he basically said the same as the B&T guy, they were mine now. He tried to justify it by saying when he bought them they were that way and that was how it was. So basically, somebody screwed him on the grills so it was alright for him to do the same to me. Obviously did a dispute with PP and had to send the grills back. It took quite a while because he was fighting it by not accepting the package but they finally gave my money back minus original shipping and what it cost me to ship to ship them back to Canada. You probably thought it ended there but you would be wrong. I was contacted by UPS and they told me he never accepted the package and for a small fee, much less than normal shipping, they would ship it back to me. I said yes and paid and about a week later a package showed up in pretty bad shape that looked to have been retaped a couple times. I opened the package to find a bunch of pieces that used to be 70 Cutlass supreme grills! Apparently the UPS guy in Canada allowed him to take his grills out that I sent back and replace them with these trashed grills. The UPS guy never showed the package as being accepted so I guess he was helping this guy try and screw me again. I took the package back to my UPS store and showed it to them and told them the whole story and showed them my PayPal confirmation of refund with the guys name on it and they not only refunded the last fee I paid but also what it cost me to initially ship the grills back to him. In the end I came out good and learned a valuable lesson in the process.

Last edited by orange442; October 24th, 2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old December 26th, 2013, 03:34 PM

Have a lot of people been scammed when posting on the wanted section of Classic Oldsmobile. I put an ad up for some 70 fenders and got emails from people claiming to have a set of rust free fenders, but refuse to send any photos. One guy sent me a photo and when I did a google search and clicked on images it was the 1st one that came up with a date stamp of 2008.

I know there are a great deal of reputable sellers on here, and I have met quite a few over the past month who have tried to help me out, so please don't take the question the wrong way.

I'm just wondering if people have been hit up outside the board for posts they have made on the board.
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:01 PM

Wow

I like how frank's nails match his shirrrrrt!
HE can be as fruity as he wants for all I care, but screwing folks on Olds parts ain't gonna fly.

As for scammer, yes, not so much here as say craigslist or 442.com, but ANYTIME you have an offer to sell you stuff, but it doesn't pass the sniff test- no or older photos, no phone number, out of country person, etc. then proceed with caution. The favorite line of the scammers is "yes I have what you need" [never any specifics] "just send the money and don't worry about the shipping". Even if you need a "left handed Frammis valve for a 443" they have it, in good condition! Any genuine person should not mind talking on the phone, and take PayPal.

Of course if you are SELLING then they want what you have but their "associate" stuck them with a bank check for "too much money" so can you just cash the check and send the "extra" back to them via Western Union? Don't you worry about the shipping. Of course the bank ck is fake, but your bank will not tell you that, nor raise any questions. You get scammed out of anything you send by WU.

NEVER wire money to anyone you do not know their mother and how to contact her.
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:42 PM

Do everything you can to hurt his business.

In most cases, it will take multiple calls to the State DA's office as they may not feel it's worth their time. But they will eventually send him a letter in which he will have to respond. He may tell them multiple times that he has refunded your money when he hasn't. Just keep calling the DA and demanding they do their job.

Putting the word out is another great method of hurting his business as well.

Thanks for letting me know about this creep.
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:23 PM

Maybe people who have been ripped off can go on facebook & such & post info. on pages he might be selling or trolling on? Chevelle clubs, Nova, Olds. what ever. Seek out his income source & hit him where it hurts.
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:54 PM

He does Ebay as well and gives the impression of a reputable Ebayer, yes he is (100%), but he only buys stuff.

After months of waiting and contacting him for my 2 x overpriced rear wheel arch moulds, he took a video of one and sent it to me. Looked real nice, the other one.....well, not so. You can see where it was cut and shut with no grinding down of the weld. He even went the extra mile and tapped little indents all over the back to give the impression it was worked on.

If you want to make a visit to chat to him, I get the impression he has a 'minder', as I spoke to some goober on the phone his end one day and the bloke is in one or two of Franks' u-tube videos.
Old December 26th, 2013, 06:02 PM

Billions N Trillions 918-291-1966 when I was dealing with him.

Just a bit expensive for me to ring him if anyone is interested.
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:21 PM

I have had this happen to me also, only not this outfit. It was on another 442 site. I advertised for a 455 dipstick,tube and fusebox. A fella responded and said he had them. I sent him the money we agreed on. After going back and forth for weeks and excuse after excuse I finally got my junk. That is the way I would describe it. I tried to get my money back to no avail. My point here is this "PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES" I also now try to pay with paypal. Also another note, I had a '67 dash rechromed by an outfit in Mass. They did a very poor job of prepping before painting. After receiving it I challenged the charge on my visa card. The owner swore he had never lost to a credit card challenge. Visa accepted my challenge and I won. Hope this helps. Kind of opened an old wound.
Old February 5th, 2014, 04:58 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
Wink Biker Fox

I ordered a complete dash Board from this Skippy.I always try to be a gentleman and the part I ordered from him was the first component I wanted to change .My Instrument panel. I had been out of the Hobby for over 30 years. Finally got done paying Child Support after 17 years and bought my Dream Car.66 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible Like the first car dad gave me when I was 14..He showed on his site an Instrument Panel with all the ***** the Gauges ,Radio. What I received for $695 was a Silver painted core. No Gauge Bezel No radio Plate .Nothing. I called him and told him ..I thinks there is a mistake. No No ..No Sir. That is what you ordered. I must have been called Sir 50 times. I was shaking so bad. I had to hang up. Not Pissed off ..Just frustrated ..I gave it some time and called him back. Cmon Frank this isn't right. No Sir that is what your going to have to live with. I told him what he needed was a Good Old Detroit *** whipping. He Told me that I would go to jail just like the last Guy.I responded Jail ? ..Jail is a Joke .I went to prison for 7 years...there was a silence. I tried the BBB in Tulsa. They knew him.11 out of 12 complaints .No response No resolve. I now restore these Instrument Panels ..Made a lot of Friends..

Last edited by rroth01; February 5th, 2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old February 6th, 2014, 04:53 AM

I had a problem with Desert Dog Auto parts out of Chicago. Never got any satisfaction, and have since moved on. If they are still in business, I would recommend that you look elsewhere.
Old February 7th, 2014, 03:36 AM

csp654...I went through that problem with the same scum...he sold me grills for a 70 442 said they were
NOS 100%....he doesn't respond to you in email...that leave a trail.The credit card co, CHASE VISA..went in his favor I lost out 100%. This guy is trash, and everyone looking for parts should be aware of BILLIONS & TRILLIONS IS A THIEF!
Old February 9th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Majored in rear tire demo

Ya, I had a little episode with Frank a couple of years ago. Ordered a pair of 67 442 headlight doors. He said he had them. I paid for them over the phone (M/card, he doesn't take Amex). Waited almost 3 weeks and he sends me Cutlass doors. I called him and he said just put them on the opposite sides and you'll be fine. Ya, right. We went back and forth for over a month with his empty promises. Then he told me I ordered them and that's what I got. OK, Mr. Fruitcake, now you're on. I sent him the chain of emails stating I ordered 442 headlight doors and his replies and then sent them back certified mail, receipt requested. Got a refund check the following week.
Like many have said, he thinks he's smart only playing the phone game because there's no paper trail. Just have to be on up on them, that's all.

There's a guy in Pawtucket RI that is similar. No prices by email. Has to talk on the phone. Talks like an auctioneer. don't call him if you've been bangin' bottles the night before.
Old February 11th, 2014, 01:49 PM

How'd you ever make out?
Old February 12th, 2014, 07:05 AM

It's still ongoing. I'll explain more later. In the meantime, just as a reminder, do not use a debit account for a long distance purchase, you'll have no leverage. Only use a bank credit card.

csp654
Old February 12th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Administrator

So the check was not in the mail?
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Well... you know how the mail is...

- Eric
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Alb

Talking warning on used parts

Had the same thing happen on ebay. Bought a Cutlass but before I did I asked a bunch of questions. I.E. how is the frame etc. He replied to everyone and I made copies of his responses. Got the car and it was a piece of junk. Which you really couldn't tell by the pictures. Asked for my money back plus the shipping cost because he lied and I had the proof. Said he couldn't do that because it was his brothers car and he only sold it for him. So I froze his paypal account. Got a call right away saying that I was taking food out of his kids mouths. I told him it was his brother and not me. He then asked if we could make a deal to settle this. I said yes. Have all my money back by the end of the week and I will unfreeze his account. Also I told him that if I didn't I would file a claim in small claims court in my home town which was 3 states away from him. Had my money in two days with a note saying to keep the car as he did not want to pay to have it shipped back. So does anybody want to buy a piece of junk ? Just kidding car is long gone.
Alb
Old February 23rd, 2014, 08:15 AM

billions & trillions

If you do get a check from that guy in the pics I would spray it with disinfectant before I touched it.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 09:15 AM
Old School Olds

I got an e-mail last week from Frank
from some of my CL ads.
He was looking for some 66 fenders.
I mailed him back saying I didn't have any
and he was sorry he was looking for bumpers.
Wtf? A bumper looks nothing like a fender.
Old February 24th, 2014, 05:58 AM

When the lowlife scummer called and told me he was sending a check, he was trying to buy some time. I still have a couple of other moves, which I can implement, but can't mention. You know what they say. "To be for-warned is to be for-armed".

csp654
Old March 8th, 2014, 11:19 AM

Look..this guy is legit. I've bought parts from him a few times over the past several years and he has come through each time. The part may not be perfect, but is definitely useable and at least I have found the parts I have been looking for. During the last year, I was finally able to restore my 69 Oldsmobile. If it wasn't for Frank's website, I would not of found the 69 442 left fender that I needed. Sure, the price was a little high but the parts in hard to find. May not of been the most courteous person to deal with on the phone, and yes, it took 3 weeks to be delivered. I'd cut the guy some slack, and its your choice if you never purchase another part from him. I will be calling him next week to start my next project car which is a 68 GS.

Quick Reply: Warning when looking for used parts