Any 455 E or C heads out there?

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2009 | 12:23 AM

Any 455 E or C heads out there?

Ok guys looking for some big block heads.

Primarily I'm looking to purchase a single E head in good condition to go with the "one" already on my engine (that's about to get pulled).

I'm also considering a pair of C heads instead if the price is right.

I'm in Scottsdale, AZ (A.K.A. Phoenix) - The closer the better, since shipping prices climb pretty quick.

PM me with your asking price, your location, and contact info.
Pictures are always nice too.

I can pay with paypal or cash if its close enough for me to pickup.

Anyone, want to unload some Olds parts?
Old April 14th, 2009 | 03:35 AM

What's a bare set of C heads worth???
Old April 14th, 2009 | 03:31 PM

Depends highly on who is buying and selling them. Right now there is a bare set on Ebay for $250+shipping. That is too much IMO. (Plus the shipping from Detroit would be murder.) Though to a racer planning to port and polish its probably just a drop in the bucket for a quality set of heads. However, I have seen a guy on craigslist cleaning out his garage let a set go for like $45 bucks a head. I didn't think I needed them at the time though.

I've decided that since I'm not gonna spend the money on porting heads its not critical that I get a pair of C heads, plus then I would need two instead of just one E. But i figure if I can get them for a reasonable price its worth a slightly larger price tag to have the potential available, hence I'm looking for an asking price.
Old April 14th, 2009 | 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Coltonis
Depends highly on who is buying and selling them. Right now there is a bare set on Ebay for $250+shipping. That is too much IMO. (Plus the shipping from Detroit would be murder.) Though to a racer planning to port and polish its probably just a drop in the bucket for a quality set of heads. However, I have seen a guy on craigslist cleaning out his garage let a set go for like $45 bucks a head. I didn't think I needed them at the time though.

I've decided that since I'm not gonna spend the money on porting heads its not critical that I get a pair of C heads, plus then I would need two instead of just one E. But i figure if I can get them for a reasonable price its worth a slightly larger price tag to have the potential available, hence I'm looking for an asking price.
Just courious. I have a chance to get a set that has been cleaned and checked for $200 delivered to me. Maybe they aren't worth it???
Old April 16th, 2009 | 04:45 PM

Heads

I have a set of E,need rebuild, I live in Cal $100 plus shipping. 442 Harv
Old April 24th, 2009 | 05:07 PM

You think you can make my single "B" look like an "E"?
You can take a cab, cheaper than shipping.
Jim