76 Ninety-Eight Regency interior (console mostly)

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2015, 12:35 AM

76 Ninety-Eight Regency interior (console mostly)

Hi. I recently bought a 98 Regency and despite its good condition, the consoles (both A/C and radio sides) are rubbed out and loose. If you guys find any or already have them, i appreciate it. In addition to that, front and back door ash-trays would make my day. That's all came to my mind so... oh by the way i live in Turkiye that means if you want to help me out, we'll figure sth out. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
$_1.JPG (41.9 KB, 80 views)
Old August 19th, 2015, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by umust
the consoles (both A/C and radio sides) are rubbed out and loose.
I don't understand what you mean. By "rubbed out," I would assume that the lettering has worn off, but I can read everything (LIGHTS, CRUISE CONTROL, etc.). In the photo you posted, that left-side looks to be in fine shape.

Old August 19th, 2015, 09:33 AM

Hi. I recently bought a 98 Regency and despite its good condition, the consoles (both A/C and radio sides) are rubbed out and loose. If you guys find any or already have them, i appreciate it. In addition to that, front and back door ash-trays would make my day. That's all came to my mind so... oh by the way i live in Turkiye that means if you want to help me out, we'll figure sth out. Thanks.

Hello again, I'd have to agree with Jaunty here. That panel appears to be in very good condition. I've seen so many of these over the years that are hardly visible but yours is very nice. I would not change that piece unless it is in some other way damaged. You mentioned that's it's loose....this doesn't mean that it's damaged or defective in any way. It is held in with a few clips. Sometimes, the clips get pulled out with the panel which will cause it to be loose. If you pull out the headlight switch "plunger", you can probably pull the panel forward and you will then see the clips I'm referring to. If you can, slide them off the pins, push them into their respective spaces in the dash cluster and push the panel back in place. It should hold pretty tightly.

As for ashtrays, there is one front ashtray in the center, lower dash (below the radio) and then there is an ashtray on either side in the rear. Since you mentioned "back door ash trays", I'm assuming your car is a 4 door sedan which would also have 2 ashtrays in the rear, one per door. Are yours missing, damaged, etc?

What other questions do you have or parts do you need ? I know these cars very, very well so I'll be happy to help however I can.
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:01 PM

hi... i want to thank you in the very first place. Mine is worse than this. i posted this pic. to show what i really meant with the console with all the lettering etc. but since you're telling not to change unless its badly damaged i think i should keep them. sorry for the mislead.

about the ash trays, mine dont have covers on it. Maybe these are little things caught up on my eye but i just tryina create my perfect 98 u see?

Thanks anyway.
Old August 20th, 2015, 06:10 AM

hi... i want to thank you in the very first place. Mine is worse than this. i posted this pic. to show what i really meant with the console with all the lettering etc. but since you're telling not to change unless its badly damaged i think i should keep them. sorry for the mislead.

about the ash trays, mine dont have covers on it. Maybe these are little things caught up on my eye but i just tryina create my perfect 98 u see?

Thanks anyway.

Hi, so the picture you posted is not of your car? Please post a picture of your car's panel (console) and also post pictures of the ashtrays. We'd also like to see pictures of the car itself from the outside and inside.

Did you check out the website? www.regencyclassics.com
Old August 26th, 2015, 05:38 PM

I know someone that has a '76 Ninety Eight that may be parting it out,because he ask me if I knew anyone interested in a "455 Motor and transmission " for $600.00. Larry
Old August 26th, 2015, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketowner
I know someone that has a '76 Ninety Eight that may be parting it out,because he ask me if I knew anyone interested in a "455 Motor and transmission " for $600.00. Larry
thanks you... I'm into little things, interior mostly. I'll post the pics of my car below so maybe you can check it out too.
Old August 26th, 2015, 11:20 PM

here the pics. sorry for the wrong info but my ashtrays are all good. I checked them while taking pics . peace out!
Attached Images
IMG_4954.JPG (406.7 KB, 16 views)
IMG_4955.JPG (498.8 KB, 17 views)
IMG_4957.JPG (377.0 KB, 15 views)
IMG_4958.JPG (274.8 KB, 18 views)
Old August 27th, 2015, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rocketowner
Hi Larry, please let me know whatever you can about this potential parts car as well. Thank you!
Old August 27th, 2015, 02:49 AM

here the pics. sorry for the wrong info but my ashtrays are all good. I checked them while taking pics . peace out!
Hi, wow your car looks really nice! I thought it was right hand drive though??
Old August 27th, 2015, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
Hi, wow your car looks really nice! I thought it was right hand drive though??
thanks...its good to hear that. its left hand drive by the way
Old August 27th, 2015, 05:39 AM

I was mixing your car up with another that's overseas. There is one just like yours in New Zealand that is right hand drive. I always love seeing how these cars were opted. Yours has tilt and telescope steering which was somewhat rare but yet it does not have cruise control which was much more common. I also see Pulse Wipers and Cornering Lights which are both nice. Is that stripe on the hood painted on or is that an add-on piece of trim of some kind? That's definitely not original.

I see what you mean now about the "consoles" being rubbed off. It looks like somebody may have used harsh cleaners on the dash pieces because there is a lot of excess fading on those parts as well as the vents. The vents should have a chrome border around them. I also see that your left front wheelcover is missing the rocket emblem. How are the others on the car?

I love that dark metallic blue!

Last edited by 76 Regency; August 27th, 2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old August 27th, 2015, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
I was mixing your car up with another that's overseas. There is one just like yours in New Zealand that is right hand drive. I always love seeing how these cars were opted. Yours has tilt and telescope steering which was somewhat rare but yet it does not have cruise control which was much more common. I also see Pulse Wipers and Cornering Lights which are both nice. Is that stripe on the hood painted on or is that an add-on piece of trim of some kind? That's definitely not original.

I see what you mean now about the "consoles" being rubbed off. It looks like somebody may have used harsh cleaners on the dash pieces because there is a lot of excess fading on those parts as well as the vents. The vents should have a chrome border around them. I also see that your left front wheelcover is missing the rocket emblem. How are the others on the car?

I love that dark metallic blue!
thanks for the feedback... Yea the hood has been made afterwards. There is a chrome bezel around the vents and the console but it also defected so i have to get it fixed.
About the wheelcover, only one of the embles is missing and there is also one missing on the trunk lock.
I think nothing needs to be changed but some repairing needs to be made. thats what i understand lol.
Old September 4th, 2015, 01:46 AM

Hi everyone. Just want to remind you that the console with lettering and a radio would still be perfect for my 98 Regency. Well, i look forward to your reply.

Best.