1972 cutlass conv. side panels

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2011 | 11:10 PM

1972 cutlass conv. side panels

Removed

Last edited by craftsman1956; June 5th, 2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old April 28th, 2011 | 12:33 PM

Are you looking for NOS or repo? I know where you can find some NOS for about $2500.
Old April 28th, 2011 | 03:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by bkeese
Are you looking for NOS or repo? I know where you can find some NOS for about $2500.
Ha ha, you're such a kidder! That's 2500 per panel right?

Originally Posted by craftsman1956
I need left and right int side panels,rear for convertible.Mine are too bad to refit.Please let me know where I can find a set,thanks alot! Randy
Randy,
Just some thoughts for you as you undertake this project. I see you're in Wisconsin, but you also need to factor into your purchase the shipping costs)

If yours are trashed, you have several options.
1. Buy used ones through the web. Lots of guys here might have them, or give you good leads. (John - site name 2blu442 - has tons of Olds parts - I've bought from him and he's a square shooter) Chances are you might get a good daily driver set, and will likely have to re-dye them to match your interior. If that's the case, might as well do all the panels at the same time so it looks consistent

2. Buy some off ebay and have them re-skinned. If you can do it yourself, great. If not make sure the upholstery shop doing the work understands exactly what you want Show them pictures (download them from web-car sites etc)

3. Buy some new repops from Fusick, Year One, Parts Place etc. I personally think that the repops are getting a lot better in fit and quality of material/workmanship than ever before. Plus you can get them as kits, or fully assembled (including the window fuzzies). Just depends on how much you want to spend.
Old April 30th, 2011 | 04:38 AM

dooe panels

Originally Posted by Allan R
Ha ha, you're such a kidder! That's 2500 per panel right?

Randy,
Just some thoughts for you as you undertake this project. I see you're in Wisconsin, but you also need to factor into your purchase the shipping costs)

If yours are trashed, you have several options.
1. Buy used ones through the web. Lots of guys here might have them, or give you good leads. (John - site name 2blu442 - has tons of Olds parts - I've bought from him and he's a square shooter) Chances are you might get a good daily driver set, and will likely have to re-dye them to match your interior. If that's the case, might as well do all the panels at the same time so it looks consistent

2. Buy some off ebay and have them re-skinned. If you can do it yourself, great. If not make sure the upholstery shop doing the work understands exactly what you want Show them pictures (download them from web-car sites etc)

3. Buy some new repops from Fusick, Year One, Parts Place etc. I personally think that the repops are getting a lot better in fit and quality of material/workmanship than ever before. Plus you can get them as kits, or fully assembled (including the window fuzzies). Just depends on how much you want to spend.
I am going through Legendary and he said I need both panels.Didn't know I could get new panels,
Old May 8th, 2011 | 08:31 PM

I have these if you need them...
Old May 13th, 2011 | 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by 317Cutty
I have these if you need them...
Legendary called and said they could fix my original ones,have not heard anything for a couple weeks so I hope its going well,wisconsin dells car show is on the 21 st,not much time left to get this done.