Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Small Block Olds - Serpentine Adapter Kit $300

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2020, 07:13 PM

Small Block Olds - Serpentine Adapter Kit $300

Hey all.

The past few years, I've been working on a kit that adapts the serpentine accessories from an 88-93 4.3l or 5.7l to Big and Small Block Olds motors. The small block one has been a bit troublesome, but I've got it near perfection now. I make the kits myself at my friends shop.

https://pacificgbody.com/collections...ne-adapter-kit

A couple things that were problematic and didn't allow it to hit the market fully were the lack of ability to retain your factory fuel pump, and the lack of water pumps. Reverse direction water pumps are readily available through Rock Auto (https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...584884&jsn=261) and the rest of the parts are super easy to find.

With this kit, you can:
  1. Retain factory fuel pump and system
  2. Continue using a clutch fan. You need to source one that's reversible as the water pump spins the opposite direction
Happy to answer any questions! I've also provided a 15% discount to anyone that uses this link. This forum has been such a huge help for me over the years, and hopefully this discount can help you get your build done.

https://pacificgbody.com/discount/classicoldsmobile/ or use the promo code classicoldsmobile at checkout.

Here is a photo installed. It does require you to trim the bottom hanging bit off the factory left bracket. And yes, you can use factory A/C compressor.

Cheers,
Terence

Last edited by tsawtell; July 16th, 2020 at 02:37 PM.
Old July 16th, 2020, 09:56 AM

If you have them handy, do you mind posting the specific part numbers of the brackets? I know of a couple trucks down here and was gonna run to the boneyard to grab them this weekend.
Thanks,
Dan
Old July 16th, 2020, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by brownbomber77
If you have them handy, do you mind posting the specific part numbers of the brackets? I know of a couple trucks down here and was gonna run to the boneyard to grab them this weekend.
Thanks,
Dan
Hey Dan,

Part numbers are:

Water Pump Pulley: 19418445
Left Bracket: 10118751
Right Bracket: 10233233

Hope this helps,
Terence
Old July 16th, 2020, 01:31 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by tsawtell
A couple things that were problematic and didn't allow it to hit the market fully were the lack of ability to retain your factory fuel pump, and the lack of water pumps. Reverse direction water pumps are readily available through Rock Auto (https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...584884&jsn=261) and the rest of the parts are super easy to find.

With this kit, you can:
  1. Retain factory fuel pump and system
  2. Retain factory clutch fan
You can't retain the factory clutch fan if you are using a reverse rotation water pump. You need a reverse rotation fan to match.
Old July 16th, 2020, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
You can't retain the factory clutch fan if you are using a reverse rotation water pump. You need a reverse rotation fan to match.
That's a great point. Didn't even think about that. I'll update my guide then. Thanks for catching that
Old July 16th, 2020, 02:21 PM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
I used the factory Olds clutch and 7 blade fan. The rivets came out on the ends of the blades, it would have been a catastrophic failure. I went to an electric fan or get a sbc powered big car or late 80's to mid 90's truck fan setup. The Olds V6 diesel reverse rotation water pump uses the sbc factory water pump pulley pattern.
Old July 16th, 2020, 07:50 PM
Administrator

I moved your post to the parts for sale section and edited in a price. Good luck in your endeavers
Old July 16th, 2020, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
I moved your post to the parts for sale section and edited in a price. Good luck in your endeavers
Apologies! I didn't see I broke the rules. Thank you.
Old December 4th, 2020, 02:43 AM

Terance stole this design from me , plus I sell them for $200. Did you ever refund the money to the guy that you sent the wrong stuff to? I thought you said that forums were to much work? Well at least your not trying to sell them for $400 anymore.
Old December 4th, 2020, 02:48 PM

I'm not sure whether a serpentine setup for these engines actually counts as an idea in the first place.
Old December 4th, 2020, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
I'm not sure whether a serpentine setup for these engines actually counts as an idea in the first place.
Larry came up with the idea to use the Chevy accessory brackets, and make the adapter plates to mount them to the Olds heads.