Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Parting 1966 Toronado

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2011, 04:33 PM

Brake Booster for 66 Toronado.

Hello John, thanks for the reply, if you can a couple of pics of the booster would be great also.And if you look at this thread I was still looking for the wires running to the starter from the main harness, etc. I would also like to get the main harness that attaches to this, there are red and purple wires in it. I think it's location placement essentially runs from an opening in the firewall under the booster runs to the area of the relay/battery/alternator feed point on the rh fender area just aft of the a/c muffler assembly. Cable from the battery runs to here and main feed harness attaches here also.There is the circuit breaker for the power windows and seats here also. There is a T connector here which has a purple wire in it and another color. The T connector is part of the main harness, then wires run from here to the starter, I think the wires are yellow with black stripe and the purple wire.The purple wire is part of the the neutral/safety switch. My purple wire is fried from the connector to the starter, I would like also to get the rubber protector that covers up the junction block and sort of fits over the bolt that is part of the junction block, it is attached to the battery cable that runs from the battery, I guess it is to protect that connection from inadvertent contact of metal to metal.There are also a clip and screw that holds the main harness feed to the rh inner fender, just below the junction block.Thanks. Bob.
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Hummm, looks like I goofed Russ. I pulled the hubs thinking that's what you needed, but didn't pull the spindles. Well here's a few pictures in case you want some of the other items for spare parts. I'll pull the spindles tomorrow afternoon. John

John- Mainly interested in a spindle at this time, also the brake shoes as they look very good. Would possibly be interested in the hubs and drums for spares, but finances might not allow that at this time. Thanks.
Russ
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:05 AM

Hi Russ
I'm going to try again to remove a spindle next weekend. Work will have me busy until then.
John
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:02 PM

John- Just wondered if you've had a chance to pull a spindle yet. Let me know when you do. Thanks.
Russ
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Hi Russ
If you were close enough I'd send you the whole axle, but it weighs a ton! My torch is buried in the back of the garage so I've not been able to try heat on it yet. I did use the sledge side of a splitting maul and wacked them pretty hard... no movement. Have you removed your bad one yet? Is there some trick I'm missing? John
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:26 AM

Hey that car didnt come from Northern California (Susanville) did it?? My grandfather ordered 2 of those one low optioned like that to drive in the winter and a high optioned one for trips to Reno and Vegas in the summer. I remember those same old magazines in a blue toronado 30 years ago.. It doesent have a plaque on the dash saying built especially for John Gaspar? does it??? Both cars came with a cool little dealer model mounted on a plaque. Unfortunately they both burned in a fire 7 years ago. SO if there is a plaque or registration it would be cool to get that..
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:47 PM

Hi Russ
If you were close enough I'd send you the whole axle, but it weighs a ton! My torch is buried in the back of the garage so I've not been able to try heat on it yet. I did use the sledge side of a splitting maul and wacked them pretty hard... no movement. Have you removed your bad one yet? Is there some trick I'm missing? John
John- Haven't got my old one out yet. Used a good sized sledge and it didn't even budge, so I soaked it with WD40 and let it soak but haven't tried to remove it yet- my wife caught pneumonia and was in the hospital a couple of days. Will try to remove it this weekend if I have time- will let you know how I make out.
Russ
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:26 PM

Location: from Wisc, then Texas, then Kansas, now back to Texas,
I need a turn signal switch for a '67 Toronado
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:03 AM

Wheel trim rings still avail?
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:42 AM

Andy, it has an Oregon registration from the late 1980's but this does seem to be an unusual color so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same one. Sorry, no dash plaque. Wish we had talked sooner, I'd have passed the whole car to you before taking it apart.

Russ, no hurry on my part. I've pulled the axle and if you can figure out what holds the spindle in I'll pull one for you.

knighthawk, responded on another thread

rocketray, I may have a couple left but will have to look next weekend. I know I've got some of the center dog dish hubcaps but believe they've all got dents/dings.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 07:09 PM

Wow, I wish I was closer, I'd have liked the entire car, or at least, the entire interior...

Anyway, if you still have it around, there are a few parts I'm looking for...

Wonderbar AM/FM radio
Drivers-side cornering light assembly (Can't see if car them in the pictures...)
Passenger side A-pillar trim on interrior
Backup light lenses
The adjusting **** for the drivers-door mirror
And a good middle-of-windshield rear view mirror.
Flarestat components
Oh, reclining seat mechanism would be nice.

Thanks.
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:02 PM

Twilight Fenrir, welcome to the site! I don't think I have many of the items you listed here, but I'll look this weekend to see what I can find. John
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by 3rdWrightBrother
John- Haven't got my old one out yet. Used a good sized sledge and it didn't even budge, so I soaked it with WD40 and let it soak but haven't tried to remove it yet- my wife caught pneumonia and was in the hospital a couple of days. Will try to remove it this weekend if I have time- will let you know how I make out.
Russ
John-
Finally got a chance to pull the bad spindle. Used heat, still had to use a couple of chisels as wedges between the axle and the spindle to get it to move. Still need the spindle if you have it.
Russ
Old April 25th, 2011, 08:09 AM

Twilight Fenrir, welcome to the site! I don't think I have many of the items you listed here, but I'll look this weekend to see what I can find. John
Well, I found someone on here who had the radio, and a few other parts. All I need now are:

The adjusting **** for the drivers-door mirror
A good middle-of-windshield rear view mirror.
Flarestat components
Reclining seat mechanism
All necessary to add cruise control to a car that doesn't have it.
Old April 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Russ, I still have the axle with both spindles. I'll use my torch and see if I can get one out this weekend.

Twilight Fenrir, I have an inside rear view mirror but there are bumps in the chrome. If you'd like I can take some pictures this weekend to send you.

John
Old April 26th, 2011, 09:17 PM

Russ, I still have the axle with both spindles. I'll use my torch and see if I can get one out this weekend.

Twilight Fenrir, I have an inside rear view mirror but there are bumps in the chrome. If you'd like I can take some pictures this weekend to send you.

John
Thanks, but I'm looking for something more or less perfect. I can get a brand new reproduction from Fusick if I don't turn up a vintage one. My chrome is good, but my glass is really funky... Don't know if the two could be seperated and spliced together to make one perfect one :P
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:55 PM

Do you have the intake manifold? Whats the part # on it?
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:54 PM

Derek, I've got 3 or 4 different castings of Toronado intakes. But these are really heavy. If Eric has one that will work for you it will cut the cost of shipping a lot. John
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:48 PM

Any thing left? I'm still looking for a few small pieces...trunk lock rod, spare tire hook & clamp to rim, and yes radio *****.
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:18 PM

I do have some odds and ends including interior parts. I'll be looking for car parts for a couple other members this weekend. I'll set aside any 1966 Toro parts I come across.

I know I've got a couple deck lids, I'll see if one has the latch assembly with it. I know I've got door panel parts, rear seat side panels, power windows, side glass but no windshields, dash parts. John
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:37 PM

I do have some odds and ends including interior parts. I'll be looking for car parts for a couple other members this weekend. I'll set aside any 1966 Toro parts I come across.

I know I've got a couple deck lids, I'll see if one has the latch assembly with it. I know I've got door panel parts, rear seat side panels, power windows, side glass but no windshields, dash parts. John
Do you have the adjusting **** for the drivers door mirror? Just the part the two cables hook to.
Old May 7th, 2011, 08:07 PM

Russ, I got the spindles out. Man, I hope they go back in easier than they come out Check out the photos, I pulled them both. They each have light flaws and where the seal rides they both have spots that don't catch my fingernail, but look like they need cleaned up with emery cloth and polished. I'd like $30 for one or $50 for both to cover my time, plus shipping which should go US Postal flat rate for around $11. Check out the photos and let me know what you think.

P1010014-1.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

P1010018-1.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010023-1.jpg
Old May 7th, 2011, 08:09 PM

Oldsrocket88, I'm still looking for the small parts

Twilight Fenrir, I don't have a remote mirror from the early Toro's but I do have some from the late 1960's full sized cars. Is it possible that the adjuster **** might interchange? John
Old May 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Oldsrocket88, I'm still looking for the small parts

Twilight Fenrir, I don't have a remote mirror from the early Toro's but I do have some from the late 1960's full sized cars. Is it possible that the adjuster **** might interchange? John
Well, it should be the same as any other '66 Oldsmobile 88, 98, Starfire, Cutlass, or 442. But they were a one-year style.
Old May 7th, 2011, 08:34 PM

Since 1966 is a one year only I'm pretty sure I don't have it. Do you have the broken pieces? If so you might create a parts wanted ad and post a picture of it so we can see what we need to be looking for. Hopefully someone has it! John
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:24 PM

Thanks 2blu... just drop me a PM if you come up with anything.
Old May 12th, 2011, 07:51 PM

66 Toronado parts inquiry

Greetings John,

My name is Gregg. I saw that people are still asking you about parts from the 66 Toronado. I have a 67 Toronado that I was driving last October when the passenger side front tire exploded. Lost the beauty trim ring for the wheel when the rim hit the highway and I steered to the shoulder. Do you still have trim rings available? Also, the aluminum trim piece that runs from the rear of the front fender wheel opening under the passenger side door to the front of the rear wheel opening was damaged from the tire tread flapping around. Do you know if those parts are the same on 66 and 67 Toronados? Lastly, my battery tray has significant rust, do you have a battery tray and hold down. I would think the battery tray is the same for 66 and 67, but I do not know for sure. I live in Minnesota zip code 55025. Checking to see if you have the parts and what the bottom line would be. Thanks for yor time.