Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Original GM '69 Cutlass S parts

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2020, 12:13 PM

Original GM '69 Cutlass S parts

I just did a front disc brake conversion on my '69 Cutlass S and also changed all suspension bushings and steering gear. The car only has 80k original miles and has been maintained well so most items are in very good condition. Someone doing a restoration might find these parts desirable. I'm located in western NC (zip 28731) and I can ship any of the parts. Note shipping costs will be in addition to the price of the parts listed below.

Brakes
*Original drum brake spindles (L&R) with original bolts for the backing plates. Everything has been cleaned and coated with WD40. Machined surfaces for bearings are 100% clean with no pitting, scratches, etc. and threads are perfect. Castle nuts and washers included. $75 for the pair.
*Backing plates (L&R). External surfaces have some surface corrosion but I put part of them in a bath of Evaporust for 24hrs and they came out great. The whole parts will clean up very nice. $35 for the pair.
*Original drums (bells). Friction surfaces are in very good condition with no cracks, glazing or scratches from shoe rivets. Normal surface corrosion. I bead blasted the rears and they turned out beautiful so I know these will also. All studs are great but you will need new bearings. $100 for the pair.
*Manual drum booster. I believe this to be the original booster and it still worked fine on the car (fluid was clean). This still has what appears to be an original folded paper tag on the bail. Its white with thick red letters. One side says "RR" and the other says "RK". As I said, I believe this to be original. However, if you know for sure that it is not an original tag, please let me know. $50
*All necessary drum hardware. Small parts, brackets, brake lines, etc. No springs or pins as those are definitely replacement items. Some of these small parts still have "L" or "R" or the GM PN's stamped in them. Everything went through a bath of Evaporust and is in very good condition. $25 for all of it.
Suspension
*Original front sway bar links. These have been in the Evaporust and cleaned up well. You will need new rubber bushings. Long bolts, nuts, threads, etc. all in great condition. $15 for all pieces.
Steering
*Original center link. Joints are still very firm. Original rubber is still in good condition and original zerks are still in place. The center has a stamping in it "098 A9" which is clearly visible. The ends still have the original gray finish in fantastic condition. $35
*Inner and outer tie rods. These appear to be the original parts. The inners both have the "S" stamping on the head and the original zerks on the outside. The rubber boots are all in good condition with PN's still clearly visible molded in. They even have some of the original gray finish on the shafts. All main shaft threads are in great condition. One of the inners has a few bad threads on the castle nut extension (my puller damaged it during disassembly). The damaged portion is at the end. I believe this one could be saved but it wouldn't look 100% original where it's exposed at the castle nut. All the rest are good. $25 for all four.
*Tie rod connector sleeves. These are the original parts with 'bumps' to hold the collars in place. Threads are all good. I also have the four original bolts/nuts that get used. The bolts have "R/S/C" on the heads and each of the nuts has a tiny square shaped depression on one hex face. $40 for everything.

Send me a message if you have questions or interest. Thanks