Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1972 Cutlass Supreme for Sale by Original Owner

Old August 1st, 2018, 11:30 AM

1972 Cutlass Supreme for Sale by Original Owner

1972 Olds Cutlass Supreme/2 Dr./ original 350 c.i. engine and turbo automatic transmission/4bbl Quadrajet carb
For sale by original owner with 192,578 miles. Pinehurst Green exterior paint/green cloth/vinyl interior; original 10-bolt rear end with 2.73 gears; power steering; front disc/rear drum brakes; bench seat; original green factory floor mats; original 14/7” SSII rally wheels; BF Goodrich Radial tires (P225/70/14”) installed in 2012 with 191,988 miles; non-working, original air conditioner (all components intact); original green deluxe steering wheel (included is an almost mint replacement).

In 11/06 with 191,395 miles, my mechanic installed new gas tank; sending unit; new support straps; rubber cushion pad; new fuel and emission hoses; new fuel pump and metal fuel line from fuel pump to carb; spark plugs, points & condenser; serviced transmission fluid and filter; flushed power steering and radiator; new radiator cap; lubricated speedometer cable; new front brake hoses; new master cylinder; serviced rear end differential.
Body – lacquer paint in poor condition; rust in lower quarter panels behind both wheels; some rust under vinyl top; trunk floor in good shape, as are rest of floors; all chrome pieces in good shape; rear bumper was installed in 1980 and has some rust; front bumper in very good shape; overall the car is very straight; tabs on front grills are cracked.
Interior – original cloth upholstery needs to be replaced; dash in very good condition; original carpet in good condition; headliner in very good condition; original GM AM/FM monoaural radio works.
Engine – original engine with no work on it since new, except valve cover gaskets and heater control valve; rusted aftermarket exhaust and muffler; carb needs to be rebuilt.
Drivetrain – original transmission shifts nicely; no issues with power steering.
Front Suspension – new idler arm, center link and tie rod ends installed in 10/94 with 189,347 miles.

Also, included in the sale of the Cutlass are over 100 NOS and old restored, original OEM parts that I have collected for over 30 years, as well as several boxes of old OEM parts. Time to let someone with better restoration skills and a get-it-done attitude give this timepiece a new life! This treasure trove of parts are original owner’s manual; Protect-O-Plate; original window sticker and dealer’s bill of sale; Cutlass Chassis and Fisher Body service manuals; original new ignition and deck lid keys; dealer product information booklets; new aftermarket water pump and just purchased carb rebuild kit and choke pull off from Cliff’s High Performance. Hard to find NOS parts included are rear, single-exhaust bumper; rear tail light lenses; door edge guards; sill plate moldings; front grills and grill stone shield; engine timing cover; interior door handles and window cranks; chrome dash trim; brake, parking, parking brake and accelerator pedal pads; turn signal lever; and Super Stock center caps, bezels and center cap inserts. A list of the NOS, new OEM and restored parts is available. I also have a file of invoices for repairs done and parts installed, since the Cutlass was purchased in 6/72.
In 6/80 with 104,700 miles, my Cutlass was rear-ended and then totaled by insurance company. I bought back the salvage and had the rear end clipped, car was painted and new vinyl top installed – no frame damage. Several other body shops have advised me that the repairs were very well done, and I have had no issues since with unusual wear on tires or tracking, etc. I continued to drive the Cutlass on regular basis until 1992, and it has been stored in enclosed garage and only driven 1183 miles since 1992 - mostly around my neighborhood. I recently drove the Cutlass about 80 miles round trip to local BOPC show, and it drove great for a 46 year-old, unrestored car. The transmission gears shifted easily and engine ran very well, due to changing the oil every 3-4000 miles and servicing the transmission regularly over the years.

Attached are recent photos of Cutlass. The list of parts, included in the sale, are available by email. Cutlass is located in Johns Creek, GA. Asking price for my Cutlass and NOS and restored OEM parts is $9,500 USD or OBO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cutlass Ad Left Side.JPG (45.8 KB, 66 views)
Cutlass Ad Passenger Side.JPG (214.0 KB, 59 views)
Cutlass Ad Front End.JPG (278.1 KB, 60 views)
Cutlass Ad Rear End.JPG (249.6 KB, 61 views)
Cutlass Ad Rear Window.JPG (120.1 KB, 65 views)
Cutlass Ad Instrument Panel.JPG (214.4 KB, 64 views)
Cutlass Ad Front Seat.JPG (118.0 KB, 61 views)
Cutlass Ad Back Seat.JPG (203.9 KB, 62 views)
Cutlass Ad Trunk.JPG (132.0 KB, 63 views)
Cutlass Ad Engine.JPG (118.5 KB, 61 views)
Old August 4th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Tommy,
Spoiler