Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

New Upper Radiator Hose 387577 Starfire, 88, 98, Toro?

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2024, 12:13 PM

New Upper Radiator Hose 387577 Starfire, 88, 98, Toro?

I ordered this upper radiator hose from Fusick for my '67 Toronado, but it's a far cry from the one they show on their web site, even though the correct number is printed on it. This hose also shows a different style and color of printing than Fusick shows. The description on the photo that matches this particular hose says, "Upper radiator hose for 1965 88, 98 and Starfire with air conditioning, all 1966 88, 98 and Starfire, and 1967 88 and 98 models without air conditioning." You be the judge. Fusick won't reply to my multiple emails to return this, so I'll sell at a loss to get it into someone's hands who can use it. Happy to answer any questions you might have. $45 shipped in the lower 48. Thanks!

Old March 11th, 2024, 02:40 PM
Art S

Did you call them? They always answer any time I've called.
Old March 11th, 2024, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Supernice88
Did you call them? They always answer any time I've called.
I did as a follow up to my email, and I was assured that the sales team would reach back out to me. I'm now past the return window.
Old March 11th, 2024, 04:45 PM
Art S

They shouldn't be like that, they get a lot of business from the Oldsmobile people here and the other clubs. Bad business practice especially in these times.
Old March 12th, 2024, 07:21 AM

You might consider Rockauto. They show an AC/Delco upper radiator hose for your car. The listing says "cut to fit," but the hose in the photo looks a lot like the hose Fusick's website shows.

Fusick hose (which, you're right, looks nothing like what they sent you, even though the part numbers are the same). $42.50

Rockauto hose. AC/Delco 26035X. $23.99. Basically half the price of the Fusick hose.

I would think that a proper hose is more important than one with correct markings. Plus the money saved. Of course, you won't know exactly what the Rockauto hose looks like until you get it, but you can't be worse off than you are now. And the nice thing about Rockauto is that returning items is simple. Don't have to talk to anyone. Go to their website, input the info, print out a return mailing label, put it back in the box, and take it to UPS or Fedex or wherever. The return instructions are included in the box. They might ask you to pay the return shipping, depending on the situation.

Also, never forget to check Amazon. I've bought many parts from them. I have Prime, so shipping is free for items sold via Prime, which is lots of them. The shipping is fast, too.

They show the same hose as Rockauto for the same price. You could have it day after tomorrow. Returning items to Amazon is simple, too.

Old March 12th, 2024, 09:07 AM

Thanks, Jaunty - the ACDelco hose from Amazon is already here. I always like to have the "factory" markings or whatever on replacement parts, but this one doesn't really matter. I don't know what's up with this hose from Fusick, though. You can see what I ordered and what I got - someone needs to figure out what's wrong with the parts/part numbers. I sent photos to Fusick in my email and explained the difference between the parts shown and received...