Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

misc parts for sale - rally steering wheel - tic tac toc

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2008, 07:52 AM

misc parts for sale - rally steering wheel - tic tac toc

Gents (ladies too I guess):

I recently sold my 1971 Cutlass Supreme Convetible and have a few parts sitting around that I no longer need. Problem is - I have no idea what they are reasonably worth. I have played with cars for a while and have always appreciated the car forums - so I want to give this forum first shot before I go to Ebay. I never liked ads that did not include a price - but I really am clueless as to the value of these items.

Tic Tac Toc - great cosmetic condition - do not know if it works - do not know how to test - bought separately from my car and never installed

Rally Steering Wheel - perfect condition (may have small indent from hanging on a nail in my garage)

center console with shifter and steering column for center shifter - bought to install but never did - my cutlass had a front bench seat with shift on column

two front bucket seats - recently reupholstered in pearl white - a part of the shifter project I never did

8 track player

I am located in NW Ohio if any interest - I can send pics

Intend to list on ebay soon - need this stuff out of my garage

thanks

bob
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:54 AM

email address

buckeye_hunter@sbcglobal.net

thanks,

bob
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM

Email sent
Old August 18th, 2008, 01:44 PM

Olds parts for sale

email sent. John
Old October 19th, 2008, 06:18 AM

Im looking at buying a 72 cutlass and it has bench seats. From the date you had yours they are probably sold. My question is how much should I spend to get buckets and a console for my new car? Thanks Taser
Old October 19th, 2008, 06:48 AM

Buckets and Console

Taser, welcome to the site.
The nice thing about the buckets are that any GM A-Body from 1969-72 has the same seats, only the stitching of the covers are different. Ebay is the most common place to get them, and you'll probably pay from $200-300 for a set that need rebuilt. Shipping could add another $100 to that depending on where you live and where they're being shipped from. Getting them recovered can be several to many hundrend more, depending on if you do it yourself or pay a shop to do it. Reproduction seat covers are available from several vendors. Watch your local Craigslist or little nickle ads, and also look at swap meets in the area. You might be able to pick up a set locally for less or at least avoid the shipping costs. If you have the room, you may be able to pick up a parts car, keep the items you need and sell or trade the parts you don't.

The console and floor shifter are Oldsmobile only, 1970-72 Cutlass/442 and some Toronado's although the shift cable may be different with them. A floor shift column is easier, 1969-72 A-body and maybe 73-75, I'm not sure. Ebay again is the quickest place to find them, but it will probably run $250-300 for the console, shifter, cable and brackets. Non-tilt steering column $50-75, tilt is closer to $200.

If your bench seat is OK you may be able to sell that to cover some of the costs, I believe it will fit from 1968-72 GM A-body 2 door cars, maybe more.

Good Luck and have fun with your Car!
Old October 19th, 2008, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Taser
Im looking at buying a 72 cutlass and it has bench seats. From the date you had yours they are probably sold. My question is how much should I spend to get buckets and a console for my new car? Thanks Taser
Start at $800-$1000 easy, and that does not include moving the shifter to the floor, replacing steering column, proper speedo, and wiring to the new console.
I left the bench, I like the arm rest.
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:35 AM

I would also be interested to see what that tic-toc-tac and the 8 track player are worth. I also have those sitting in a box in the attic.
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM

how much for the steering wheel do you have pics