Temporary protection

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2013, 06:51 AM

Temporary protection

I'm finally getting my long term project back together. Hopefully the body will be back on the chassis this weekend.
There's a ton of body work to do which I'll be handing over to a shop. That will have to wait for funds, so I'd like to drive the thing until then.

Oh, all the paint is stripped and the metal etched. No rust except where water got sprayed on it for one reason or another.

What should I do that will cause the fewest headaches for the paint shop? Just an epoxy primer? epoxy+high build? Something else?
Old October 28th, 2013, 10:27 AM

If you don't mind how it looks without paint, spray it down with Gibbs Brand.
http://www.gibbsbrandlubricant.com/
I wet sanded a thick, cheap paint job off my car leaving original paint and some bare metal. I planned to get the car painted but things happen and the money was no longer in the budget and since my storage spot was no longer available, I had to reassemble the car to move it, so I had heard of the Gibbs Brand and decided to give it a try. I called the phone number on the website and ordered some. The guy said he would send it right out, I pointed out that I hadn't even paid for it yet. He said, "You try it and if you like it then pay me for it." I ended up buying a case. It is the only thing I use on my firearms. I sprayed the whole car down, using less than a can, and wiped it in. It has been over two years and I've only had to touch it up in a couple of places and none of the bare metal has any rust on it. This lube is paint shop safe and paint can be applied right over it. so when you do get around to paint it won't be a problem.
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:10 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by texxas
If you don't mind how it looks without paint, spray it down with Gibbs Brand.
http://www.gibbsbrandlubricant.com/
I wet sanded a thick, cheap paint job off my car leaving original paint and some bare metal. I planned to get the car painted but things happen and the money was no longer in the budget and since my storage spot was no longer available, I had to reassemble the car to move it, so I had heard of the Gibbs Brand and decided to give it a try. I called the phone number on the website and ordered some. The guy said he would send it right out, I pointed out that I hadn't even paid for it yet. He said, "You try it and if you like it then pay me for it." I ended up buying a case. It is the only thing I use on my firearms. I sprayed the whole car down, using less than a can, and wiped it in. It has been over two years and I've only had to touch it up in a couple of places and none of the bare metal has any rust on it. This lube is paint shop safe and paint can be applied right over it. so when you do get around to paint it won't be a problem.
How do you clean it off for when it is time to paint?

This is the stuff that Rad Rides buy Troy sells repackaged.
Old October 28th, 2013, 03:16 PM
72 Olds CS

says piant right over it !!!

here is a link off that link

http://www.gibbsbrand.net/paintingovergibbs.html