Rear disc brakes for a Cadillac

Search this Thread

Old December 18th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Always room for one more

Rear disc brakes for a Cadillac

Anybody know of disc brakes that would fit on the rear of a D/C body Cadillac, specifically 87 Brougham? The brakes on this dude suck, and being a 4700lb car it needs a little help. Anything off another car that would bolt up? A kit from someplace maybe? I haven't found anything. Not much info about these cars out there.

Olds didn't have a D body, and the only other big, rear driver I know of with rear discs is the Impala SS.

Thanks everyone.
Old December 18th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by slantflat
Anybody know of disc brakes that would fit on the rear of a D/C body Cadillac, specifically 87 Brougham? The brakes on this dude suck, and being a 4700lb car it needs a little help. Anything off another car that would bolt up? A kit from someplace maybe? I haven't found anything. Not much info about these cars out there.

Olds didn't have a D body, and the only other big, rear driver I know of with rear discs is the Impala SS.

Thanks everyone.
Which brakes do you have, the 11" rotors and 9.5" drums or the 12" rotors and 11" drums? I've got the latter on both my B-body wagons and stopping was never an issue with a full load in the wagon. You might want to figure out why your brakes aren't working properly.
Old December 18th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Always room for one more

Best I can tell the inside measurement of the drum is 13". Everything works fine, I just would like a little better stopping power. I'm guessing the original owners of these cars weren't speed demons, and the car was designed appropriately; cushy and cautious.