Other Oldsmobiles Anything not listed above, such as F-85 (1961-1963), Firenza (1982-1988), Starfire (1961-66 and 1975-80), Omega, etc.

63 cutlass steering wheel question

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2017, 12:16 AM

63 cutlass steering wheel question

Messing with the convertable today, and found these buttons on the steering wheel. Can anyone tell me please if they have a function?

Another thing. When I got my car it came with both the trunk and hood off. How do I get these stubborn hindges to go down. Am I missing a spring? If so how to they look?

Here some more pictures off the little rocket.

Dont worry i got all the trim plus the tops structure.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 12:24 AM

This car is at my Grandparents house. My Grandpas 80 and he was a car painter his whole life since his teens. He grew up driving american cars and his favorite car of his from his past was a 54 coupe cadillac he repainted. When I told him what was the reputation of Oldsmobile back in the day. He said " forget about it, Oldsombiles where known to be powerful. with the v8, those cars would take off and leave tires behind burnt" lol jokester. But his face said it all. Respect.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by RocketRonnie
Messing with the convertable today, and found these buttons on the steering wheel. Can anyone tell me please if they have a function?

Another thing. When I got my car it came with both the trunk and hood off. How do I get these stubborn hindges to go down. Am I missing a spring? If so how to they look?

Here some more pictures off the little rocket.

Dont worry i got all the trim plus the tops structure.
Those are your horn buttons. As for the trunk there are two torsion rods under the body , with out a trunk lid on those hinges will stay up
Old April 23rd, 2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ancient Iron
Those are your horn buttons. As for the trunk there are two torsion rods under the body , with out a trunk lid on those hinges will stay up
So the weight of the trunk should bring it down.

As far as fasteners, because most of My car came in pieces. Is there a smart way to figure out what bolt goes where? I don't want to damage any threads. All I got was a Coffee can with bolts in it, they are pretty rusty, do you think they are to weak for service. I was planning on giving them the vinegar and backing baking soda treatment.