Other Oldsmobiles Anything not listed above, such as F-85 (1961-1963), Firenza (1982-1988), Starfire (1961-66 and 1975-80), Omega, etc.

++about These Forums++

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2006, 08:03 AM

Question ++about These Forums++

Help please.
I am needing advice on navigating these waters.

I had a A/C question the other day and didn't know which sub-forum to place it in. I chose not to put it in the Ninety-Eight sub-forum cause I knew that the system I have was also used in the Eighty-Eight and for all I knew in other Olds models as well. I was afraid that someone with answers but say a Cutlass guy, would never see my question if I hid it under Ninety-Eight.

I ran a search to see where other A/C questions happen to lay. But I was amazed to only find one post or thread concerning A/Cs. Seems the search engine wont look up short words/phrases like A/C, or V-8 or V-6 or 3800 or 3.8.
Says the terms are too common. Well that's a problem on a auto forum. Could one of the Admins please look into that?

Needless to say my next search was for those last 3 Engine designations, and again no results.

I don't know if all the V-6s would belong under "small block" or not. Would it be reasonable to ask for a 6 cyl. sub-forum of its own?
I guess way back Olds had a straight-six of some type didn't they??

Maybe an options/accessories or peripherals sub-forum too? Of course that begs the question of "what is a peripheral??" .
I guess I figure a Water pump or oil pump to be part of the engine, where a smog pump, A/C, Alternator, Power Steering Pump are hangerd and therefore peripherals. But I'd include Alternator questions under Electrical sub-forum I suppose, so there lies the rub.

Not complaining I hope you all know but just wondering if I am overlooking something here.

thanks
Old December 10th, 2006, 08:56 AM

Well Lo & behold I even started this thread in the WRONG sub-forum...HA.

Seems there are TWO sub-forums titled "OTHER". my mistake.
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Past Administrator

Just post where you think you will get the most exposure. I don't move threads unless I think it will help that way. As far as recommendations on forum design, make a comment to admin, they are usually pretty absent from here ie, they don't post themselve but will respond to your pm's. Welcome to our site....

As for the two listings for "other". One is for other subjects not mentioned in the main forum for problems; the other "others" is for car models not listed in that forum of Olds car models such as Starfires, Holidays, Regenys, etc. Again, give admin any suggestions you think might make our site better
Old December 11th, 2006, 07:36 AM

Question Air conditioning Problems

After all that talk What about your problem ?!
Old December 11th, 2006, 07:48 AM

the only thing wrong...

this doesnt have to much to do with helping u sry..... this is probably the only oldsmobile site with this many enthusiast that try to help each other out i think this website is great 4 every oldsmobile lover..... the only thing i ever thought was wrong with this forum is there is not a specific listing 4 starfires..... sure there werent that many made but ITS an oldsmobile icon ..... thats the only problem ive ever had...... and to all the staff and members i think we do a pretty good job of helping ever 1 out..... anyways love form the HIGHEST STATE with the sickest starfire.... mine... lol ok j/k but anyways hope u find out the answer to your a/c problem and everything else u neeed ....
Old December 11th, 2006, 08:51 PM

Arrow

Originally Posted by ozoneblue
After all that talk What about your problem ?!
Well I still have it.
Your answer on the other (more pertinent) thread https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ompressor.html is possible the solution. I hope I don't have to pay for a break-out box diagnosis of the ECM-computer. I'm trying to eliminate all the stuff I can handle first.
Old January 25th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Smile That Yellow Olds up there in the header.

I am always struck by that yellow Olds up in the header of these forums.

What is it?
Whose is it?
Is that yellow a stock color?
Mighty fine lookin Olds.
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Past Administrator

Dude! You just beat me to the post.
I just clicked on reply and went back once more to look at the picture again to make sure and when I refreshed. There was your post.

and I don't know why the times are weird. Is that based on the clock in the poster's computer or what? Never understood that because the real time here is 10:05 AM.