a few pics of my nightmare before.....

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Professional Pest

a few pics of my nightmare before.....

here are a few pics of my car before i really start laying into her...she will be a street strip car and will be badged as a 442 started life as a cutlass "s"...let me know what you guys think....ill put more up as soon as i resize some...gotta love file limitations
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jade.jpg (7.0 KB, 61 views)
jade2.jpg (6.5 KB, 44 views)
0707081901[1].JPG (10.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: bmp
jade front smaller.bmp (74.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: bmp
jade smaller.bmp (74.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Droopys Garage; July 7th, 2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old July 8th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Past Administrator

I think you would be better off with it badged as a plain vanilla S and then see their eyes pop when it performs like a 442. Nice project to start with, good luck.
Old July 8th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Senior Moment

she will be a street strip car and will be badged as a 442 started life as a cutlass "s"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Rebadging the car WILL NOT make it go faster.
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:00 AM

Nice looking project - looks pretty solid from the small pictures.
Try to use good jpg images and not bmp. The bmp files are too big for posting as they are uncompressed.

Keep us posted on the progress...

I would keep her badged as a Cutlass S since that is how she came.
The humiliation factor to those losing a race with you would be much higher that way!!
Old July 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM

AWSOME! We MUST see more pics!
Old July 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Professional Pest

my sweet nightmare

as soon as i get some pics resized(im taking them with my phone) i will post more...asfar as the badging goes i like the 442 stripe and badging...the car will be plenty fast so "s" badging or 442 badging it makes no difference because some misguided soul in daddys new gt500 is still getting their *** handed to them.she will be pretty much a drag car that i will drive to work every once in a while(thank god work is only 2 miles away)and im building it to drive not shelter away in a garage. i doubt its gonna be a very stealthy car as the motor being built will be an big block olds with a nice procharger...no specs yet as im still looking for a solid foundation to start with...all in all when its all done im gonna be happy and i will be sure to share the progress with all that are interested...im sure alot of you started in the same boat as me...ill see about getting those pics up for the weekend...maybe some interior shots
Old July 8th, 2008, 05:53 PM

Thumbs up

nice! you are starting a lot farther ahead of me.
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Professional Pest

a good start...

i get that alot but this whole car hasent been all peaches and cream...its cost me a relationship(thank god i left her),alot of heartbreak when i started finding the rust and like alot of you...money is short when there is family and bills to pay. she hasnt gotten as far as i wanted in the 3 years i have owned her but im glad i have a lady in my life now that will actually crawl under this car and help me or just be there as a nurse when i bust my hand open on something...i promise ill have some more pics up soon...might actually roll her out of the garage and take some shots in the sun
Old July 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Originally Posted by Droopys Garage
and im building it to drive, not shelter away in a garage.
Yessssss!
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:07 AM

"A wing and a fart pipe!" Love it! Car looks good too!
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Senior Moment

asfar as the badging goes i like the 442 stripe and badging...the car will be plenty fast so "s" badging or 442 badging it makes no difference
I was being sarcastic about badges making it go faster, but as others on this board may know, I'm completly against changing the model designation to be somthing it wasn't. Striping and paint along with deck wings or other options are fair game as far as I'm concerned, but the model designation change to me just cheapens the other 442's-GTO's-Shelby's-AAR Cuda's-Charger R/T's ect..ect that are out there.. And no, I do not own a 442 et al. I own a 69 Cutlass Supreme and a 68 LeMans, and that is what they will be as long as they are in my care. I'ts much nicer to go to a cruise night in a real car. But, thats my opinion.

I appreciate the work that you are planning to put into your car and I am excited to see the photos of the build.

Tom
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Professional Pest

changing model designation

the 442 stuff looks really nice and everytime someone walks or drives by they always comment on the car...for a while the car was just wearing a flat black protective coat and you wouldnt belive how many people would ask what year nova it was...apparently im surrounded by idiots in my neighborhood but you better belive when i put on the 442 stripe unique to the 68 people stopped saying nice nova and started saying nice oldsmobile...man its really gonna mess with their heads when my girlfriend buys her nova and its parked out front.
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Droopys Garage
you wouldnt belive how many people would ask what year nova it was...apparently im surrounded by idiots in my neighborhood
...and I wish my neighbor lady would quit calling my 86 Cutlass a Monte Carlo... She has lived there for 9 years and she STILL does it, even after correcting her a million times. I am thinking of calling her Tahoe a "minivan" from now on...
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
...and I wish my neighbor lady would quit calling my 86 Cutlass a Monte Carlo... She has lived there for 9 years and she STILL does it, even after correcting her a million times. I am thinking of calling her Tahoe a "minivan" from now on...
A coworker (Machinist) had a Ferrari til about 6 months ago. Still burns him up when I refer to it as his Fiero. I'd try something a little more creative. Call it an S-10, Tahoe use to be a style package on the S-10's. Or how about a "Jeep". When she corrects you tell her; "Yeah but Jeep started making those SUV things so they all look like 'Jeeps' to me."

I'm not picking on Jeeps, just trying to help Rob irritate his neighbor lady.

Don
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dapapadon
A coworker (Machinist) had a Ferrari til about 6 months ago. Still burns him up when I refer to it as his Fiero. I'd try something a little more creative. Call it an S-10, Tahoe use to be a style package on the S-10's. Or how about a "Jeep". When she corrects you tell her; "Yeah but Jeep started making those SUV things so they all look like 'Jeeps' to me."

I'm not picking on Jeeps, just trying to help Rob irritate his neighbor lady.

Don
Ferrari? Fiero? Sounds almost the same to me!
I thought about a Jeep, but she had one and it was way cool... I do like Jeeps (my neighbor across the street has an 84 that he plans to keep forever as his driver ('cause his wife gets a new Caddy every 3 years.)
--I think I will call her Tahoe a Blazer, as i remember them as being much smaller with not as many options.
This lady is a hoot... -About as southern-fried as they come (and all you got to do is to hear her say something!)
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jokers69
I was being sarcastic about badges making it go faster, but as others on this board may know, I'm completly against changing the model designation to be somthing it wasn't. Striping and paint along with deck wings or other options are fair game as far as I'm concerned, but the model designation change to me just cheapens the other 442's-GTO's-Shelby's-AAR Cuda's-Charger R/T's ect..ect that are out there.. And no, I do not own a 442 et al. I own a 69 Cutlass Supreme and a 68 LeMans, and that is what they will be as long as they are in my care. I'ts much nicer to go to a cruise night in a real car. But, thats my opinion.

I appreciate the work that you are planning to put into your car and I am excited to see the photos of the build.

Tom
I don't personally think there is anything wrong about building the car you want. As long as you don't try to pass it off as the real thing when it comes time to sell it. My "S" will probably end up a 442 in its next incarnation. I will not be selling anything other than a clone...assuming I ever sell it though. Just my two cents.