'68 Delmont Exhaust system referral

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2012, 04:27 AM

'68 Delmont Exhaust system referral

Anyone have a good source for an exhaust system? '68 Delmont.
Thanks.
Joe
Old February 18th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Oldsdruid

Any competent exhaust shop should be able to bend a system for this car. Look for one that's been around a long time as they are more likely to have the bending machine program cards for an older car.

You can get one from Waldron's Exhaust or other similar company, but won't be any less expensive, and then you have to install it or arrange to have it installed.

If it is a single exhaust car and you're thinking duals, you need the correct LH dual exhaust manifold to make it work. You try running duals with the center-dump LH single manifold, the LH pipe is going to be all up in the suspension and starter.
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM

1968 Olds Delmont 88

As already stipulated, best to go to a competant exhaust shop with an old school pipe bender with an on-site pipe-bending machine.

Just wanted to let you know I have mountains of parts for the 1965 - 1970 OLDS FUll SIZE cars --------

Brakes: Master & Wheel Cylinders, ++Asbestos++ Brake Shoes, Brake PADS!!!, BRAKE DRUMS, 1 HUB & DRUM!!!!, and DISC BRAKE ROTORS!!!! -- all NEW ++ N.O.S. ++ !!!!!
Also Front End, Motor Mounts, Fuel & WAter Pumps, Ignition & Electrical, & a whole bunch more.......

Best to always call me -- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935... New York...
Old August 16th, 2012, 09:47 PM

I know I'm quite late on this thread being it's the middle of August but if you haven't had it done yet and you're still looking for a real craftsman, go to Meineke in Brick,NJ.

They have a guy there who is great,does complete custom work and professional start to finish.