Where do we find parts for these things?

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2009, 11:33 AM

Where do we find parts for these things?

It seems that if you have a Cutlass or a 442 or whatever, there are resources galore for finding replacement parts like door panels and arm rests. Anyone know of such a place for the 98? I checked out Fusicks and they have some stuff, but I didn't see any door panels or arm rests. And I doubt what I'd find in a junk yard would be better. Any ideas, other than eBay?
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM

Place an add in our parts wanted forum along with your location. There lots of people here to help out if they see your add. Wrecking yards or connecting with other 98 olds owners are your best options as nobody is repoping 98 body parts that I know of.

Good luck
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:18 PM

Hey now.. Don't paint all "Cutlass" models with the same brush. None of these aftermarket places carry much for my vintage and back :-) My Sport Coupe interior is next to impossible to find some parts for.

I check the parts site here and Ebay and local automotive flea markets for parts when I can't get them from Fusick, Supercars, etc.

My brother in law on this site has a 66 98 LS and is finding odds and ends on Ebay. There are also a few guys on this forum who have advertised parts cars and I believe he has gotten some hard to find parts that way.

Last edited by 1964CutlassSC; October 7th, 2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 65olds98
It seems that if you have a Cutlass or a 442 or whatever, there are resources galore for finding replacement parts like door panels and arm rests. Anyone know of such a place for the 98? I checked out Fusicks and they have some stuff, but I didn't see any door panels or arm rests. And I doubt what I'd find in a junk yard would be better. Any ideas, other than eBay?
Sorry but the full size cars aren't popular enough for a company to justify tooling up repro parts. Good used is your only option.
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:36 PM

Fullsize parts

I have owned my 65 Delta 88 for almost 2 years now. Ebay has been the source for many parts, plan ahead of actual usage in some cases.

Parts have always been hard to find. In the mid 90's I took parts off a few 98's I found. One time I stripped a whole 66 98 in 1991. Boxes of parts remain.

Other options are to get catalogs for Impalas, Novas, Firebirds, Corvettes, etc and just browse through the catalogs. There is always a part or two in each that interchange.

Car shows and swap meets are another option. In Pennsylvania we have Carlisle. Tons of parts always there.

After a 1 1/2 years i finally found a decent rear bumper for my Olds. The last one I had was in 1995. Back then it took me almost 2 years to find a bumper!
Old October 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM

I have the same problem with my 63 olds 98s and I have had some luck with the wreckers in the drier states.Arizona,Colorado and Nevada have some of the best yards I have delt with for sheet metal chrome and pot metal.The further north
you go the worse the steel and the interior pieces seem to get better,the rubber
and material isn't burnt out of the car.
Fusick has been very helpful in directing me to other places that can supply the
parts needed.SMS interior materials carries alot of the correct patterns for our cars.
I hope this helps you out and looking and hunting for that hard to find part is
difficult and a challange at the same time.
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:29 PM
2 '66 98's

Originally Posted by 65olds98
I have been going through the same problem for more years than I care to think about. Ebay used to be one source but over the last year practically everything for big cars has disappeared. I have accumulated some stuff and have a complete '66 98 convertible parts car. Send me a PM with items that you need and I will see if I can help you.

Bruce