Pics of my '60

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2007, 12:41 PM

Pics of my '60

Hey guys,
Finally got some time to take my '60 out one last time before the weather changed (this was about a month ago). On what was probably the last day of decent weather before winter set in I took my 98 out for a little photo shoot. I put a gallery of the results up on my website at www.montanaphotos.net/olds/ . It was threatening rain, and I had to pack up before I got too many detail shots...but I thought the exterior shots came out nice. Didn't really have time to shoot much inside either. Probably ok though, since it's not done yet .

Anyway, let me know what you think.
Scott
Old December 7th, 2007, 12:49 PM

Anyway, let me know what you think.
Scott

I think it is sweet!
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:13 PM

Sharp car - I just have one question - Are those torq -thrust wheels with a unilug pattern? I thought they wouldnt fit due to the wide bolt pattern. I was thinking of putting these on a 59 I have
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 59-59-59
Sharp car - I just have one question - Are those torq -thrust wheels with a unilug pattern? I thought they wouldnt fit due to the wide bolt pattern. I was thinking of putting these on a 59 I have
Hey thanks guys. The wheels are Torque Thrust IIs...not a unilug. I got these about 8 years ago, so I have no idea if they are still available. Amazingly, the tire shop that put these on even had left hand thread lug nuts for it (!). I wanted some sort of retro-style wheels...thought about original Torque Thrust D wheels, but I think the look of the polished ones better on this car.
Old December 7th, 2007, 05:40 PM

Sweet ride!! Good job on the photos too. I never noticed those little Rockets between the headlights. Pretty cool!!

Don
Old December 9th, 2007, 01:17 PM
same but different

Wow, that is nice!! I bet that car rides beautifully down the road. Awsome job on the photographs as well. The vintage plates are a nice detail, way better than Missouri plates. Hats off to you.
Old December 10th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Past Administrator

Scott, you take good pictures and seem to have an "eye" for nice shots/angles. Ever do it for money?
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dapapadon
Sweet ride!! Good job on the photos too. I never noticed those little Rockets between the headlights. Pretty cool!!

Don
I love stuff like that. I repainted those rockets by hand, with the kind of brush you use on model kits. That rocket is used in a few different places...on the center of the trunk handle, middle of the steering wheel, sides of the passenger side "dash pods", and between the headlights. The Dynamic 88 got a tall "88" in that spot between the headlights...can't remember if the Super 88 got that or the rockets...
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by don71
Wow, that is nice!! I bet that car rides beautifully down the road. Awsome job on the photographs as well. The vintage plates are a nice detail, way better than Missouri plates. Hats off to you.
Thanks! And yes, it does ride pretty nice. The vintage plates are a really good deal...they only cost me $15 and I'll never have to pay to register it again (notice there's no year sticker). The color looks pretty good on my car too , You can get them for any car in Montana that is over 30 years old and "not used for regular transportation". They don't give you any mileage restrictions or anything...I guess it's just the honor system that it's not your drive to work car. I'll be getting the same plates for my '55 ****** Jeep whenever I get it back on the road. You can get similar registration for boats and snowmobiles too. I've got a '68 Skidoo Super Alpine I might do that to...but it hasn't been ridden in years so I'm not in any hurry.
Old December 12th, 2007, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Scott, you take good pictures and seem to have an "eye" for nice shots/angles. Ever do it for money?
Thank you, and funny you should ask . Haven't shot cars for money, but I'm actually working on it. Photography is another one of my hobbies, and I have a small business I run on the side with it. I doubt I'll ever make enough with it to quit my day job, but I have fun with it. You can see a bunch of my stock type stuff on my web site at www.montanaphotos.net. Right now I'm building a new web site for my business that will be at www.lastbestphotography.com but right now it really only exists in my head .

In the spring I'm planning on offering to do this type of shoot for some of the local car clubs, and see if I have any takers. I was thinking I could do a shoot and give them a disk with the files, and have a "menu" of other things they could order...I can get everything from poster size 20x30 prints to calendars to coffee mugs and coffee table books done. Web galleries like the one with my car are easy enough, I could do them too. I'm still working on where I can price it...I need to charge enough to make it worth my time, but don't want to price myself right out of the market. Actually, if I wanted to make money as a photographer, I'd shoot weddings and not old cars LOL. Those guys make some decent money.

Last edited by toolbox; March 6th, 2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old December 12th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

How good are you with photoshop?
I need you to turn this license plate quarter panel and sea of Bondo into this for my calender shoot:

(nice to know someone else is missing the taillight emblems too)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Pictures11-07 033.jpg (8.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg
804dr.JPG (66.6 KB, 9 views)
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Past Administrator

Scott,
I remember reading in a car magazine about taking pictures of cars. One of the recommendations was to keep the windows rolled up, I think the reasoning was the reflections (usually sky) would be less cluttered than the interior, or something like that. I always thought the opposite though and always rolled down the windows when taking a picture of my cars. Go figure.....
Old December 13th, 2007, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
How good are you with photoshop?
I need you to turn this license plate quarter panel and sea of Bondo into this for my calender shoot:

(nice to know someone else is missing the taillight emblems too)
LOL. I do OK in photoshop...but it might be easier just to swing it by so I can MIG weld in a new panel .
Old December 13th, 2007, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Scott,
I remember reading in a car magazine about taking pictures of cars. One of the recommendations was to keep the windows rolled up, I think the reasoning was the reflections (usually sky) would be less cluttered than the interior, or something like that. I always thought the opposite though and always rolled down the windows when taking a picture of my cars. Go figure.....
I think I may have read the same thing a while back...Car Craft maybe? I've done both...it just kind of depends I guess. If you look at magazine shots, I think most of them have the windows up. Hard tops look good with the windows down though I think. I know a lot of guys shoot cars with a polarizer on their lens which will actually remove reflections from the windows. It's probably just a matter of personal preference I suppose. Go with what looks good .
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:20 AM

wow now thats what i call a nice ride, and you seems to be good to handle a camera!
im impressed!!
talk about jealous. or "Avis" like we call it in sweden

// Filip
Old March 7th, 2008, 12:32 PM

That is an awsome car! I love 60 full sized cars. I have seen plenty of 60 4 door Super 88s, but I have never seen a 60 2 door. Very cool!

Don't be modest man! Those are the best pictures I have ever seen that were taken with a 25 year old Polaroid. Cool pics, good job!