New guy around here...1960 Ninety-Eight

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM

New guy around here...1960 Ninety-Eight

You can call me Flaco, been into old oldsmobiles and rockets since forever. Especially 394s and 60 Olds. I can dig this place..Hope to generate some good topics with all yous around. I love chattin it up bout these rare cars. Stockers to extreme kustoms, they're all good to me. I prefer a clean, mild kustom, myself.

There's a 'before' and an 'after' I guess you could say in those pics and a recent motor shot. She's my 1-&-only car, my baby daily...and I'm about to throw my 2x4 on it for ***** n giggles and completely re-do her exterior. Currently metallic silver suede w/blue metalflake on silver top. Interior is completely factory and in decent shape. She runs and drives reeeal nice, too. Thanks for looking.

Flaco
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rocket1.jpg (87.0 KB, 31 views)
oldscccshow.jpg (32.3 KB, 33 views)
oldsbefore.jpg (65.0 KB, 30 views)
Old June 10th, 2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Flaco
You can call me Flaco, been into old oldsmobiles and rockets since forever. Especially 394s and 60 Olds. I can dig this place..Hope to generate some good topics with all yous around. I love chattin it up bout these rare cars. Stockers to extreme kustoms, they're all good to me. I prefer a clean, mild kustom, myself.

There's a 'before' and an 'after' I guess you could say in those pics and a recent motor shot. She's my 1-&-only car, my baby daily...and I'm about to throw my 2x4 on it for ***** n giggles and completely re-do her exterior. Currently metallic silver suede w/blue metalflake on silver top. Interior is completely factory and in decent shape. She runs and drives reeeal nice, too. Thanks for looking.

Flaco
Welcome! Nice looking rig...I really dig the Offy six pack . I've had my '60 since I saved it from a junkyard in 1995. Still not quite done with it . It's strictly a toy though...haven't had a "classic" DD since about 1994 when I sold my '63 Galaxie and bought a Camaro. Mine is strictly a stock restoration, but there are times when I wish I'd just shaved the trim...the pieces that go on the upper quarter panels are beat to death, and I've never found any replacements that looked any better LOL. Anyway, welcome aboard! I'd like to see some pics of the interior too...
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:18 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by toolbox
Welcome! Nice looking rig...I really dig the Offy six pack . I've had my '60 since I saved it from a junkyard in 1995. Still not quite done with it . It's strictly a toy though...haven't had a "classic" DD since about 1994 when I sold my '63 Galaxie and bought a Camaro. Mine is strictly a stock restoration, but there are times when I wish I'd just shaved the trim...the pieces that go on the upper quarter panels are beat to death, and I've never found any replacements that looked any better LOL. Anyway, welcome aboard! I'd like to see some pics of the interior too...
toolbox, my friend, thanks. and that's a WONDERFUL example of a 98, my friend. I'm very pleased to see that pup.

oooh, a Galaxie fan, as well? good man.

man, these car's trim pieces are getting easier to find in better shape. i'll keep an eye out for ya's. pix of the interior to come!

btw, I read a discussion around here earlier between you and another member regarding 98's bumpers, whether or not they were all chrome or painted..innit that one a funny one? I've seen 'em in both numerous times and it boggles me every time. I just look for tha extra stainless around tha roof and if at all possible - the 2nd side trim belt.

I got 98 reasons to wake up every morning,
Flaco