The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Tips for replacing heads, headers, exhaust, and front end

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2015, 10:33 AM

Tips for replacing heads, headers, exhaust, and front end

Hi
I have a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass with the 350. I have recently replaced the two barrel carb with a four barrel edelbrock 1405 and the intake with edelbrock as well along with an HEI distributor. I am about to replace the heads, headers, and exhaust with after market parts as well and would like advice on what parts I should purchase from someone who has already done the same to their Cutlass. Everything I know about cars has come from what goes out on the car and needs replacing so any advice would be great! I am also going to have replace a lot of the front end because I recently had someone pull out in front of me and caused me to swerve and hit a curb pretty hard. I know I definitely have to replace the control arms but I was wondering how hard it would be for a front disk brake conversion as well. Again any advice would be very helpful and thank you for reading.
Old July 28th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, post some pictures when you get a chance. Has the engine been rebuilt? Why replace the heads? Post a list in the parts wanted section for the control arms you need to replace, the remainder of the parts can be had locally or online. There are a couple of ways to approach your front disc conversion, stock or aftermarket.
Old July 28th, 2015, 12:33 PM

Will do! I was actually trying to post pictures earlier but I don't think they uploaded. The engine has not been rebuilt but i was told the heads sounded bad. I did not take the engine apart enough to check though when I replaced the intake. I was just wondering what other people had bought for their rides when it came to aftermarket parts.