The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Thermometer gasket?

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2012, 12:01 PM

Thermometer gasket?

Hello everybody,

Although I joined a thread last week, I'm still a newcomer to this great website and forum and should introduce myself properly. Since 2005 I'm the proud owner of a '72 Cutlass Supreme Convertible. Only since I've owned the car I get to know the brand and type a little better. At the time that I bought the car I lived near Washington DC, but I'm back in my native country The Netherlands almost 5 years already. Still have the car, and with the help from a few collegues in the US who help me with parts, I still enjoy it in the sun with the top down!

While submitting a new thread... A few weeks ago I was able to buy an outside thermometer - used but very representable - for only 56 USD (incl S&H) on Ebay. A steal, wouldn't you say? It is all complete, except for the gasket. Now that is probably hard to find. But if it is out there somewhere, no better way to ask around than on this website, right? So if anyone has one of those almost rectangular gaskets, please let me know?

I really hope to learn a lot from you experts and enthousiasts the same! Thanks,
Louis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Oldsmobile Wash Monument.jpg (43.4 KB, 6 views)