The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Newbie from NOLA!

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2020, 03:57 PM

Newbie from NOLA!

Hi everyone, I am from the New Orleans area, or as we call it, the "Who Dat Nation" !

I have been a dealership Parts Manager for 25+ years and I spent a lot of those years working with Oldsmobile, as well as other GM brands. My family have always been GM people and have owned quite a few Olds vehicles. I had a beautiful 80 Cutlass coupe that I completely restored, but sold off years ago to fund other interests.

My parents have passed in the last couple of years and I have been clearing out mom and dad's stuff out of their house so it can go on the market. Dad was a Master Tech, owned 2 Shell gas stations for most of his life, and swung wrenches until he retired. His tool collection is vast and I'm still trying to make room for all of it in my garage. He was **** about maintenance on everything he owned. He was famous for buying extra of anything he MIGHT need, and hording it away for whenever. I have too much stuff to find places for and it is getting out of hand. Most of his things, I just would like to keep, and some I have no use for. Hence the need to register here.

In 1983, he bought my mom a 1983 Olds 98 that she drove until a few years before she passed, and they traded it in in beautiful condition with 138K on the clock. As I was cleaning out the spare closets, I came across a bunch of parts for that 98. I have a bunch of new in box parts; misc. switches, sensors, filters,and tune-up parts from GM, A/C Delco, Standard Ign, and even an original GM air shock compressor with dash control and accessory kit, all new in box. I have new in box A/C compressor with Relay, I have a new in box Master Cylinder with front pads, rear brake shoes, rear hardware kit, rear wheel cylinder kits, axle seals. I have a new Gates pwr steering pressure hose, a new Airtex water pump, GM wiper motor/pump, GM cruise lever, door switches, and on and on and on.

I have a part number list of everything if someone here is interested, also I could send photos of anything I have.

I don't even want to get into all the fishing equipment I have found in his closet! Nice offshore rods and reels that have never been out in the sun! I have boat parts, shrimping equipment, tractor stuff, etc! For now, and for this group, lets chat about the Oldsmobile stuff I have no use for.

It all should fit 1980-1987 GM "B&C" body cars with the Olds 307 "Y" engine. Some parts will work on other GM cars with the same engine, and some parts will work on other GM B and C body models with different engines.

If you or anyone you know has one of these cars, please contact me and help me clear some space......I still have more stuff to find room for!
Old February 3rd, 2020, 05:34 PM

I stopped in Picayune, MS in 1980 and got some nice NOS parts at the Olds dealer there.
Old February 3rd, 2020, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, the best thing to do is post a classified add on this site with a list and prices. Condolences.
Old February 4th, 2020, 03:01 AM

Thanks oldcutlass, I'll do that soon as I will be quite busy over the next three days.