The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Newbie with a '70 Vista Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2015, 04:02 PM

Newbie with a '70 Vista Cruiser

I just picked up a '70 Vista Cruiser wagon. I HAD to have something other than my mini van to haul my 6 kids around in. I'm looking forward to turning it into a 442 wagon one of these days but unfortunately there are a couple of projects ahead of it. We also have a '70 Buick Skylark convertible (soon to be a GS) and a '72 nova that is bleeding us dry at the body shop. This is my first time ever joining a forum and I hope to find some help with this Cruiser. My main concern at the moment is how to bolt in my third row seat. I think I might be missing some hardware. Hopefully I can find some help on here thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (72.6 KB, 30 views)
Old May 8th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 442wagonmom
I just picked up a '70 Vista Cruiser wagon. I HAD to have something other than my mini van to haul my 6 kids around in. I'm looking forward to turning it into a 442 wagon one of these days but unfortunately there are a couple of projects ahead of it. We also have a '70 Buick Skylark convertible (soon to be a GS) and a '72 nova that is bleeding us dry at the body shop. This is my first time ever joining a forum and I hope to find some help with this Cruiser. My main concern at the moment is how to bolt in my third row seat. I think I might be missing some hardware. Hopefully I can find some help on here thanks.
Welcome. You do know that's a 72 front end on the car, right?
Old May 8th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, nice ride.
Old May 8th, 2015, 06:51 PM

Welcome to the site! Yes, a cool old wagon is way more interesting for a family hauler than a mini-van.
John
Old May 9th, 2015, 03:40 AM
Oldsdruid

Heh. A good friend has a 77 Buick LeSabre Estate that his wife refuses to ride in, much less drive. She says, disdainfully, "It's a STATION WAGON!" Yet she will happily drive a Chrysler T&C minivan all over.

Wagonmom, thanks for being a cool mom who knows a stylish ride.

Sorry to hear the Nova is a body shop money pit but it's typical of X-body.
Old May 9th, 2015, 04:12 AM

Welcome, I'll bet there are lots of threads on the site w/pics of the Vista 3rd seat. Or put a thread asking about it in the "Large olds, Vistas and wagons" section. I wonder if your car was originally a 2 seater and someone before put in the 3rd seat without any mounts. I have a 70 Vista also. I can get some pics of my 3rd seat if you cant find any on site. I can tell you it will be a lot of fun hauling around your kids in the Vista. I take my grandkids and dog all around in mine and so many people honk and wave on the road. It will be a conversation item at all the ball games, plays, etc.