The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New(ish) Member - kuseetha

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2017, 02:23 AM

New(ish) Member - kuseetha

Hello friends,

I am from Sri Lanka. I have already posted a few times and thought it is better to introduce myself.

Last year, I found a discarded hearse ('87 Cruiser) that was to be sold for scrap metal but it was still there since the price for scrap metal has gone really down. ($0.15 per 1 kilogram) I bought it for $400 and brought it home, soldered wires eaten by rat and started the engine.

Rotten front seats, cracked windshield, rotten body, missing face bits and mitsubishi delica rear lights. Could not be registered for domestic use

I am going to rescue it's engine, transmission and other bits so that those can be implanted to a different car that can be registered. There are only handful (less than 15) cars with running V8 engines in the country.

Last edited by kuseetha; June 27th, 2017 at 03:15 AM.
Old June 27th, 2017, 03:04 AM
Administrator

Looks to be fun for a future project.
Old June 27th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Olds Fever

With such a low quantity of Custom Cruisers where you are, it may be wise to save all the good parts you can, especially electrical items (heater/AC, power window controls etc.) sheet metal, and trim in addition to the power train items...
Old June 27th, 2017, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by CRUZN 66
With such a low quantity of Custom Cruisers where you are, it may be wise to save all the good parts you can, especially electrical items (heater/AC, power window controls etc.) sheet metal, and trim in addition to the power train items...
AFAIK there are only 2-3 custom cruisers in the country, all are registered as funeral coaches (therefore cannot register for home use).

I took down the entire wiring harness, A/C system, engine & ancillaries, transmission, power windows and locks, electrically adjustable seats and the chassis.

All of those will go into a different car and I think it is the only way I can make the custom cruiser live longer
Old June 27th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Olds Fever

Originally Posted by kuseetha
AFAIK there are only 2-3 custom cruisers in the country, all are registered as funeral coaches (therefore cannot register for home use).

Maybe those funeral coaches will need parts some day, and you will be holding the mother load of spare parts...
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Looks to be fun for a future project.
Yep, a frankenstein is about to emerge