The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New guy from Canada

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:41 PM

New guy from Canada

I purchased a 69 Cutlass convertible earlier this summer with the intent on driving it and then working on it this winter. One thing led to another and now it's on stands in my garage with the paint striped off the rear 1/4's to investigate some bubbles. Long story short my better half is not impressed as we never got around to driving it. I'll be looking for lots of info regarding parts suppliers etc. over the next while. Looking forward to being part of this forum.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
olds..older..oldest

New Canuck

Welcome to the world's best Olds site from a fellow Canadian[Barrie,Ont.]!! All you need to know about your car,you can learn here from the guys who live and breathe OLDS. Don't worry about your other half for now...the wait for a great ride in a classic car is worth it.We love to have details about your car,and be sure to post lottsa pics.Good luck...post often if you can't find your answers by first searching prior threads....Derek....1969 442 post cpe.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 03:21 PM

Welcome to the site. Most wives can't invision an incomplete project. She'll like it once you are finished with it. I also have one (48 Olds) in the garage my wife calls it the Okey hunk of junk car (i bought it in Oklahoma) she doesn't think I will ever get it done Like I said no vision
Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:54 PM

Wow, this is even weirder than before...lol
First off, ANOTHER '69 OWNER!
Damn they (we) keep coming out of nowhere. We've had quite the number of new members with '69s lately.
And this guy, (oh btw Welcome to CO HARDCORE POSER) is yet, another Canadian member! Awesome!
derek nesdoly from Barrie ON, with his '69 too!
'tis a great place to meet others.
So, Mr. HARDCORE, where are you from in Canada? Got any parts you don't need? lol Just kidding man, Welcome aboard! his is, as Derek said, the best place for Oldsmobile owners.
Duane
Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:19 PM

welcome hardcore,
CANADA is a big place,can you narrow it down a little to maybe a town or province.
We have alot of cannucks on here including myself.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:43 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. Calgary is home . The final vision for this car is a pro-touring theme to try to utilize those huge rear wheel wells and bring it up to date in the handling and braking dept. I will post some pics soon but our summer weather has finally arrived so I won't be spending very much time indoors, maybe if the hot weather would have arrived sooner I won't have started dismantling it.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by HARDCORE POSER
Thanks for the warm welcome. Calgary is home . The final vision for this car is a pro-touring theme to try to utilize those huge rear wheel wells and bring it up to date in the handling and braking dept. I will post some pics soon but our summer weather has finally arrived so I won't be spending very much time indoors, maybe if the hot weather would have arrived sooner I won't have started dismantling it.

I lived in Falconridge (NE side of Calgary) back in '99 for a while. Calgary is cool, but I knocked up my chick so we came back to Ontario (outside Listowel), where her parents lived.

When I first moved out there, I lived in Ogden. I was told later that it probably wasn't the best neighborhood.

It's the best when your lady understands the need to be out in the garage for hours on end.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:29 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO, get that car finished and taker her for a spin.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:38 AM
Captain of my ship

Welcome

Welcome to our little family hardcore nice to have another 69 convertible , a little more weight on our side eh Pat.My 69-98 is still in the garage as I have hit a couple of snags. was supposed to be just cleaning up the engine bay but like you things got out of hand and well soon hopefully I still want to drive it this summer.I lived in NE Calgary for a short time back in 78. Rundleside cresent at that time was pretty much as far NE as you could get but last time I went through there it's not even close now We love to see pics if you scroll down under this window to manage attachments you can upload pics from your computer.
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:09 PM

Welcome. I think we all lived in Calgary once! That's where I bought my 442. Did you go to the Rocket Round Up in Olds (our Oldsmobile only show in Olds, AB.)?
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:51 PM

Yes, I did get a chance to go to the show in Olds, very impressed with all of the cars looks like a great club to belong to.
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:56 AM

Welcome to the site.
Old August 14th, 2009, 06:52 AM
SMR TOI & HYE NRG

i'll also chime in with a Warm welcome & how'due'u'do?!
I drove thru Calgary on my way to OLDS AB for the 100th anniversary. Put my car in their homecoming parade & everything! Good times in Alberta!
I think it's great when the Chick has her OWN shop to play in!
Hardcore, I'm sure you'll find this site just as inviting and helpful as I have.
Old August 14th, 2009, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by 442much
Welcome. I think we all lived in Calgary once! That's where I bought my 442. Did you go to the Rocket Round Up in Olds (our Oldsmobile only show in Olds, AB.)?
I live in Ontario but my father moved to Calgary in 1965 where he bought a 1960 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight which he eventually drove back to Ontario in 1967 before I was born.
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:14 PM

I live in Calgary as well...welcome.....my car is also half finished and on its way to being all finished (knock on wood)....
Old August 15th, 2009, 09:57 AM
zed

I spent a few months in Cow Town around '93/94. Had a blast.