The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New from Germany

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Pickle Slinger

New from Germany

Hi,

My name is Sean and I personally donīt have an Olds but have spent many Hours helping my Friends with thiers.

cutlasssupreme71 gave me the idea to come here and check things out.

I came over to Germany with the Army 23 years ago and decided to stay here. Cars always fascinated me and after getting a kick I went out and found my dream car. I always wanted to have the same truck that my Dad had.

Now I am really into the US Car scene over here and love helping my friends with thiers, even when they smash em up.

I have been following Torstens build on the net and live and he is moving along great.
He makes me look slow the way he is working.
If anybody wants to see what I did a few years ago, check it out here.
I know itīs not an olds but itīs a GM.

See ya in the forum!

Sean
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well welcome aboard!!! It's ok if you don't have an Olds... there is OLDZ in your location, so we'll let ya in!!
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:33 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

We have several members of CO who live in Germany

Glad you decided to join us.
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:19 AM

Welcome to CO. Had a 69 C10 with a 327 great truck
Old December 8th, 2009, 09:32 AM

I lived in Germany back in the late 60's for two years and really enjoyed the experience (also in the Army - but lived off base in a small village near Wurzburg). I was looking at your map and it looks like you are in Bavaria - but could not tell where exactly. are you near Munich?

From your photos it looks as though you are focused as a serious or professional mechanic; great photos by the way... I especially like your large garage and assortment of cars and the fine work that was done on them.

Welcome to CO.
Old December 8th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Registered

Welcome Sean,

You're in CadillacOldsmobileburg??

In the 60's and 70's did all the bank presidents and doctors live there with their kids and their 442's tearing around??!??
Lots of golf courses and country clubs I bet??

Have to change it to Cadburg now since Oldz is defunct.
May just be called "Burg" someday if things keep going the way they are...Furdburg will be the only thing left and that's just not right.

I like your diary deal and your truck a lot.
Do you have enough room and headroom in that shop you think??? Can you fly full scale airplanes in there??
The before and after resto pics are great.

I want a chillout corner now too.

Torsten is Mr. T huh?

I pity the fool who messes with the V8 brothers!

I really like your custom V8 bro's shirts...this place should have stuff like that but I'm not sure I would want to be recognized in public..

I learned to drive (had to drive to work) in a brand new '70 C-10 among other vehicles. Ochre color with a tan interior, 3 fiddy engine with an auto. The thing had a trailer package and overload leafs on the rear springs and they would slap the leaf springs every time I flew over and hit curbs.
Old December 8th, 2009, 11:40 AM

welcome to the CO great picture's .

may I ask you a Question Sean, do you now howe many 57' oldsmobile's are exsisting in germany ?

belgium greetz marc
Old December 8th, 2009, 12:06 PM

Hey Buddy!!!

Welcome aboard Sean!!!

Nice to see you over here....
Thanks for your nice words!!!

You did a great work to your car as well!!!!!!

@Bluevista: i like that CadillacOldsmobileburg, ive grown up there, but never thought of that

See Ya on weekend!!!

Regards,
Torsten (Mr. T)
Old December 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Pickle Slinger

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Originally Posted by Dan Wirth
lived off base in a small village near Wurzburg) Are you near Munich? From your photos it looks as though you are focused as a serious or professional mechanic; great photos by the way... I especially like your large garage and assortment of cars and the fine work that was done on them.
I have been to Wuerzburg, in fact my wife was born there, very nice city with the vinyards and the castle. I live in a town called Cadolzburg, it is about 15 minutes away from Nuernberg.
When I was in the army I was fixing the trucks more than I was the tanks and we learned to do things close to perfection. I wanted to do my truck right and just did my best. We got lucky with the old barn. The lady that owns it let us get some electricity to it and it the rent isnīt that much. We split it 3 ways.

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Welcome Sean,

You're in CadillacOldsmobileburg??

In the 60's and 70's did all the bank presidents and doctors live there with their kids and their 442's tearing around??!??
Lots of golf courses and country clubs I bet??

Have to change it to Cadburg now since Oldz is defunct.
May just be called "Burg" someday if things keep going the way they are...Furdburg will be the only thing left and that's just not right.

I like your diary deal and your truck a lot.
Do you have enough room and headroom in that shop you think??? Can you fly full scale airplanes in there??
The before and after resto pics are great.

I want a chillout corner now too.

Torsten is Mr. T huh?

I pity the fool who messes with the V8 brothers!

I really like your custom V8 bro's shirts...this place should have stuff like that but I'm not sure I would want to be recognized in public..

I learned to drive (had to drive to work) in a brand new '70 C-10 among other vehicles. Ochre color with a tan interior, 3 fiddy engine with an auto. The thing had a trailer package and overload leafs on the rear springs and they would slap the leaf springs every time I flew over and hit curbs.
Dang, you donīt like to write too much do you?
I never heard of CadillacOldsmobileburg before but that sounds cool.
We do have a friend here that has a 67 Caddy. Check out our Special Guests Page. They all live in or close to the town I live in.
Like I said we got lucky with the shop and I think if Torsten didnīt have his parts scattered through the shop we could probably use the runway again.
We got rid of the Chillout corner to make room for Torstens Tools and workbench. We didnīt use it anyways.
Mr. T (Torsten) (cutlasssupreme71) is doing a great job on his car and he is getting it done in neck breaking speed.
Nice to hear that alot of you like C10s too.

Originally Posted by belgium57olds
may I ask you a Question Sean, do you now howe many 57' oldsmobile's are exsisting in germany ?
Yes you may ask! There are too many to count. A friend of mine has a 57 in red and white and a 55 in yellow white.
Check out his MySpace. Maybe we can meet one of these days, you arenīt that far away from us.

Originally Posted by cutlasssupreme71
You did a great work to your car as well!!!!!!
See Ya on weekend!!!
Thanks for the compliment about my car (truck)!
See you this weekend

Greetz from Cadolzburg, Bavaria, Germany
Sean

Last edited by blukangoo; December 8th, 2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Editieren macht mich geil
Old December 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Cutlass Lover

....Have to change it to Cadburg now since Oldz is defunct.
....May just be called "Burg" someday if things keep going the way they are...Furdburg will be the only thing left and that's just not right.

You crack me up!!!

....I want a chillout corner now too.

You need a "time out" corner!! LOL!
Old December 8th, 2009, 01:18 PM

I just want to add;

Sean, excuse me, of course i meant your great job on your CST (custom sport truck)!!!!

By the way, this guy fixes anything, that has an engine or eehmmm a it dont need any motor, he really fixes everything!!!!!

Sadly we dont have our chillout area anymore....... We need to much space to store that 73 camaro fiberglass, scoop ahhhrrggghh hoods......
No, we dont have enough space in our shop ..... i know for sure, everybody here, have heard of such a problem in the past

Sometimes i really want to have a seat and come down for a moment

So far...

Regards,
Torsten
Old December 8th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Pickle Slinger

Originally Posted by cutlasssupreme71
Sometimes i really want to have a seat and come down for a moment
If there was room for my Truck, you could chill out in it.
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to the site Sean. Man what would I give to have a shop as large as yours!!! Good work and nice looking truck. I bet it's cool when all the guys from your club cruise together in your trucks over in Germany. What sight!
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Pickle Slinger

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
I bet it's cool when all the guys from your club cruise together in your trucks over in Germany. What sight!
Thanks for the welcome!

We arenīt really a club, we are just 4 guys that like to help each other out working on thier cars.

We do get together with other clubs over the summer and go out and cruise.
Every 1st and 3rd Saturday Night during the summer we get together with a bunch of people here in Nuernberg. Here is thier site: Sorry itīs in German.
A couple of times we were about 100 US Cars.
Here is a Panorama picture I put together on our season ending "Roll Out".
My truck isnīt in the picture because I was standing on it to get these pictures. -180° Panorama-
There were way too many newer Mustangs on the pictures. Almost everybody wants one.

If you have time you can go and check out the pictures I have taken over the last couple of years. Click me softly.