The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New Fish From Floriduh

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Not an Olds guy. Car guy

New Fish From Floriduh

Relatively new to the Olds game. I scored a real 65 442 from a guy who was junking it last month. All there minus fenders, hood, and windshield. But the original block, heads, intake, carb, trans, trim and interior was there. Funny part was when i found a console and two shifters in t he car but it is a column shift car. Found that column in the car as well.

It is already off to the paint shop and I should start reassembling it by the end of next month.

Andy

442003.jpg
Old February 11th, 2011, 08:57 AM

Welecome to CO, Andy! Good start on that Oldsmobile! Keep us posted with your progress!!!!
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome to our site!
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:04 AM

Welcome to the site Andy! Nice score! I'm glad you were able to save it from being scrapped. Post car, maybe it was a stripped down model if you don't seen evidence of a console being attached to the floorboard in the past. I'm familiar with, but by no means and expert with 1965's but every automatic car I've seen had the floor shift. 1965 parts are kinda scarce and in demand, not as many repop items as the 1968-72 vintage. Any spare parts you come up with should be easy to trade/sell and finance your restoration. I agree with Aron, if you have the time to create a thread in the Major Build section I'd enjoy seeing photos of your progress! John
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:19 AM
car guy

Welcome to the site. Is that the one posted on TC the other day? Great find.
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Not an Olds guy. Car guy

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Welcome to the site Andy! Nice score! I'm glad you were able to save it from being scrapped. Post car, maybe it was a stripped down model if you don't seen evidence of a console being attached to the floorboard in the past. I'm familiar with, but by no means and expert with 1965's but every automatic car I've seen had the floor shift. 1965 parts are kinda scarce and in demand, not as many repop items as the 1968-72 vintage. Any spare parts you come up with should be easy to trade/sell and finance your restoration. I agree with Aron, if you have the time to create a thread in the Major Build section I'd enjoy seeing photos of your progress! John
John, I know. Not the place or time. But I need a set of inner fenders.

The car is pretty cool. The frame is perfect and all there. It is a PS/PB car but no ac. Back up light delete but has the accesory lighting. Real 4V Lansing car but trimed out as CC. Provincial White with a Parchment interior. Hence Grandpas Oldsmobile.
Old February 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM

I should have an extra set of inner fenders. Not heavy, but would take a large box. I'm in Southwestern Oregon, where are you located? When your ready I'd suggest you create a parts wanted thread and see what you can find close by. Also, if you've not found the following sites yet you might enjoy checking them out. They are both focused on the 1964-65 Cutlass/442 John

http://ultra-hi-comp.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://442restoration.homestead.com/Parts4Sale.html
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Not an Olds guy. Car guy

John, been to both. Bro's new chew toy. Bros' site awesome. But the plan is I need a hood. And I have an unbroken automatic floor shifter. The guy I was trading was getting me worried so I figured I needed to broaden my horizons a bit. But it looks like my guy is going to come through. But there is some pretty cool stuff here. Glad to be around. And I am sure there are some parts that can be had. My car is very complete for something heading to the junkyard. The guy fell on hard times and just needed it gone. Right place at the right time. Not bad for $500.

Best part was the contents in the car. Rebuilt but dissasembled 298B block. Intake, correct carb and air cleaner was hiding in the trunk. All the chrome, all the emblems, and a beat but complete interior was there. A total of 6 original R rims, hubcaps, and tranny. And the car is rust free, hence the get it to the paint shop mentality. I just hope the hood shows up. Bought the fenders from a guy in Northwest Florida and they were very nice. Body wise I just need the hood and inners in my possesion.

Andy
Old February 11th, 2011, 06:28 PM

Welcome!!
Nice car, cant wait to see it once its done!!!!
Old February 11th, 2011, 08:06 PM

Welcome to CO
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:42 AM

Andy, welcome to CO. Nice project as I am real partial to 65s. There are alot of great guys on this site with lots of Olds knowledge and they are willing to help. Good Luck.

Last edited by Rdrokit; February 12th, 2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO, you have quite a project on your hands there, good luck.
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:00 AM

Welcome to CO

What a great buy 500 bucks. Man I am never in the right place at the right time. Post more pictures please
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:39 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

What a steal