The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

On The New

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2009, 09:28 AM

On The New

Greetings all, glad I found your site. Could somebody PLEASE help me find an '84 Delta 88 2 Door Royale Brougham in very good to excellent condition. I am in Chicago and would be willing to travel within a few hundred miles for the right car. Any further than that and it's sweet eneugh, lets just say I'm sure we can work something out.
Thanks, glad to be aboard. Richard F. aka TLPiggy.
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:11 AM

Welcome to our site. Unfortunately you won't be able to find any early 80s B body coupes in the Chicago area. One of our members; J-Chicago, lives there and loves these cars. I am sure he owns all of the early 80s B body coupes within a few hundred miles of downtown Chicago.
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

X2 on what he said. Look up J Chicago and see if he can spare one.
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:37 AM

And don't be fooled by that grey BOMB he has with the 71/72 cutlass bumper. It has a rather large "bite" to it.
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:19 PM

welcome to the site.
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by thislilpiggy
Greetings all, glad I found your site. Could somebody PLEASE help me find an '84 Delta 88 2 Door Royale Brougham in very good to excellent condition. I am in Chicago and would be willing to travel within a few hundred miles for the right car. Any further than that and it's sweet eneugh, lets just say I'm sure we can work something out.
Thanks, glad to be aboard. Richard F. aka TLPiggy.
Sorry, but you live in the middle of the rust belt. A few hundred miles may be unrealistic. On the other hand, in the last few months there have been MANY very low mileage 80s B-body cars on Ebay.
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:05 PM

You guys are like 3 days rain but I do appreciate the welcomes. I will find my car.
Old October 27th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Past Administrator

Hey, rain is reality and we are just sharing it with you. Seriously though, welcome to CO and we will be on the lookout for you. Also, start another thread in the "Cars Wanted" forum near the bottom of the forums listing. Some people don't check on today's posts or new posts and go directly to particular forums like that.

I owned a '78 Delta 88 and really liked it, my wife loved that car but had to sell it to go overseas. The mid 80's B bodies were as nice if not nicer in comfort and probably got better gas mileage. Good luck in your search.
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:50 AM

Talking Welcome to CO

Good luck on finding your car.
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:59 AM

Yes Sir, rain is all too real and unfortunatly I have a major lack of patience.

On a positive note I did a search a couple of months back (w/ no $ to buy at the time so I was just browsing) and found a beautiful '85 88 Royal Brougham. White w/ blue interior. Hoping against hope I did a search last night and it's still listed and unsold. I called the lady and she says she's in her 90's, Says her brother worked for Olds and picked out the car for her new. Says it's always been garage kept and well and regularly maintained w/ 65,000 miles but her eyesights going and it's time to sell and give up driving altogether. All the cliches I know and it would otherwise sound like a load a bs but I talked to her for about 20 mins. this a.m. and I believe her. I'm hoping to see the car this wknd. I can't wait! I'll post pics if & when I get her. She says she has an extra set of tires ta boot.

edit to add, Thanks citcapp.

Last edited by thislilpiggy; November 3rd, 2009 at 09:43 PM.