The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Midwest Mopar newbie onboard ..Cutlass S owner too :D

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2012, 03:41 PM

Midwest Mopar newbie onboard ..Cutlass S owner too :D

I just recently got into the Olds game not too long ago, buying a '70 Cutlass S off some kid who was probably shipping out to bootcamp. She's not too shabby, whoever owned it before him probably took good care of it because I guess he only had it for 2 years. California body in good shape, paints getting a little old and touch warbley in one or two small spots though, I waxed her up gooood and black magiced the tires so she's looking right back to normal. New suspension (probably done by the guy who owned it before the previous owner considering how dirty it is, not nasty or rusty, just about 2 1/2 years worth of dirt. The stance is PERFECT though, I tip my hat o his work) New upholstery, 350 Rocket with a Holley 650 (Kid just threw it on ladi-da so now I have to tune it, I guess dont mind though ) TH350 with a good shift kit in it, Im guessing a Transgo (It too was on before I got to it). Pretty good buy Id say, some TLC and she should be pretty straight - But I dont want to really stop there. Im looking to slap a set of 455 C heads to it, crisp her up, and see what she does.

As for me I'm Midwesterner who's been building cars since I was 10 (yes Im a Mopar man) with the old man. Helped put together my first 360 s/b Dodge when I was 11. Ive worked on things from street machines, to gassers, custom bicycles, to guns, to even AA/FA Styled go karts lol I looove fixing and messing around with mechanics. If it needs welding, outside of the box think tinking, or old mechanics you've got my attention. This is pretty much the first time Ive checked out this board, so its pretty fun watching you Olds guys work in your own environment. Im hoping to learn a lot more.
Old August 24th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Welcome, pics are required!
Old August 24th, 2012, 04:51 PM

Yeah Im a little low on new pics of how she looks now that I own her, I'm hunting them down though. Id take some more but it's raining atm. Looking to see what I can do..
Old August 24th, 2012, 04:55 PM

Thats a yummy 67 btw! Also I love the fact that you have a Fury, That was the first car I ever helped build with my old man. 69 Plymouth Fury II, 2 door, the inverted rear window option, 360 s/b Dodge bored and stroked out to a 415 sitting on some M/T bigs and littles with the sickest street machine rake.
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:26 PM

Welcome aboard. X2 on pics
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:41 PM

here's some pics.. The first one in the cemeterys the closest to how it looks now all cleaned and loved up. But she looks even better atm. Ill take some newer pics when I can
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cutlass5.jpg (351.3 KB, 22 views)
Cutty interior.jpg (33.6 KB, 21 views)
Cutty.jpg (43.2 KB, 22 views)
Old August 25th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Key word on the Fury is HAD, sold it last year! Yours is quite nice also!