The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

just saying hello

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2021, 07:42 AM

just saying hello

Good morning to all involved Olds lovers. I'm a 74 yr. old guy who has had a love affair with Oldsmobile's for many years due to a period of my younger years helping out an older guy with his garage and he was a very serious Olds man into drag racing, restoring, fixing, and collecting Oldsmobile's. It wore off on me and since those days I have had more than my share of them. Do not presently but that's ok today as there are not many in my area that I would put up the kind of $$$ it would take to get a keeper. I live in North Tonawanda right between Buffalo and Niagara Falls so the choice autos around here are hard to come by unless you just want to give someone more than the car is worth. I have had some of the best in years gone by but with living a normal life style and enjoying the toys like I do there is no garage for all the extras except for the one attached to the house. The bike lives there all summer long and come winter season it belongs to the convertible. Any ways I am a new member and thank you for having me.

Last edited by zigyblu; March 30th, 2021 at 10:58 AM.
Old March 30th, 2021, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, perhaps you still may find another to enjoy.
Old March 30th, 2021, 07:50 AM

Welcome aboard. Perhaps edit your profile to at least show what state you live in. You might be surprised what might pop up on here that could be something you would like.
Old March 30th, 2021, 07:57 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by zigyblu
Good morning to all involved Olds lovers. I'm a 74 yr. old guy who has had a love affair with Oldsmobile's for many years due to a period of my younger years helping out an older guy with his garage and he was a very serious Olds man into drag racing, restoring, fixing, and collecting Oldsmobile's. It wore off on me and since those days I have had more than my share of them. Do not presently but that's ok today as there are not many in my area that I would put up the kind of $$$ it would take to get a keeper. Any ways I am a new member and thank you for having me.

Don't worry about being 74. I will be 78 this friday April 2. I love my 66 Cutlass and intend to enjoy it to my last day.

Love those 66'S.

Wayne

Old March 30th, 2021, 02:10 PM
Olds Fever

Welcome to the group... Don't let the spark die to own another special Oldsmobile... I'm sure somewhere, even in New York, you can find a vehicle to please you...
Old March 30th, 2021, 02:35 PM
same but different

Welcome, and hope you enjoy your stay. Good bunch of folks here. Got any stories to tell, or old pics? Heck, I think we like bike and convertibles too.
Old March 30th, 2021, 04:14 PM

Welcome, nothing like a good Olds to keep a man Young...

tc
Old March 30th, 2021, 06:26 PM

Welcome! Good place to enjoy the Oldsmobile experience.
Old April 1st, 2021, 07:10 AM

Never to old, just everything takes longer and hurts a little but more to do it. Keep looking....Welcome aboard it's a good place....Tedd
Old April 1st, 2021, 07:33 AM

just saying thank you

I would like to thank you nice people for the welcome that I have received from this group. Some very nice comments and brings me to say it is a real shame that I was never one to think of saving memories back when I was to busy living them. It is a sad thought to know if I would have given a little more thought to what was going on at the time. Pictures of the 66 silver blue 442 with matching interior w/ chrome reverse rims and cooper raised white letter tires and a factory mini tach mounted left side upper dash at A pillar as memory is strained here, there was only one pic of this car parked in my driveway close to my house with my kid sister standing in front of it. Not what you would want to show off a great car. That wasn't even the worst of the pictures as I have one from years later with the only pic of the 67 442 shortly after purchasing it and bringing it home from a barn find that sat under a heavy canvas tarp that was a very solid car, paid five hundred for it but the picture that it is in is not to show off the car but I think the dog on the table if not mistaken out in the yard.. On the same day that I picked up on the 67, my younger brother got a 67 Camaro SS/RS 350 4 speed car that had been freshly repainted and needed to be rubbed and polished. We got both of those cars for five hundred each. Both cars were running with no clutch problems or tranny problems and the bodies were excellent. The Camaro became mine a year or so later as it was stolen and recovered and some frontend damage was put to it. My brother had had bad luck keeping cars from being stolen, 66 corvette first and then the Camaro, he gave up on sporty cars right there. Anyway the 67 442 was a ragtop that had a good top but the engine had a couple of collapsed lifters in it that I was able to replace and it was a strong runner and after I primed it and got it ready for a new color I sold it because my wife just wouldn't let up on me as she kept telling me she had a bad feeling about the car. Crazy I know but that is when the Camaro came to me so I didn't feel to bad for to long. I can go on and on about the cars that I have had but not for this post. There just are not any real pictures of the days gone by with so many great cars to share. I will search my large collection of photos and maybe come up with some winners, we'll see.
Old April 3rd, 2021, 01:41 AM
GCH

Originally Posted by 4+4+2=10
Welcome, nothing like a good Olds to keep a man Young...

tc
+1 . Have a little problem with knees and feet but when i took my 88 for a ride yesterday in
the sunny weather all this was forgotten and enjoyed every minute of the ride.
( 62 years old )