The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Im new here...

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2013, 05:54 AM

Im new here...

Hello everyone I just purchased a 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass. It has the original 60,000 miles on it. Really clean kinda hard to believe. But it is a four door. I did some research before I bought it, to my surprise there isnt alot of them out there. In fact, mine was the only one on the internet I found that was for sale or show. If there is any insight one would like to give let me know. Glad to be a part of this forum(so far).
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Always room for one more

Welcome. Nothing wrong with a 4 door Oldsmobile. Post or hardtop? Sounds like a nice car to enjoy!
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:34 AM

Welcome from another "4 door" owner. Nice to see another 4 door get some TLC. Post some pics when you have some. The wife & I just rebuilt the motor in ours this past winter & hope to get someone to do the quarters come next year. So far the trickiest part we've found with a 4 door is body panels are hard to find. From the windshield forward everything else should be mostly same the though (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Last edited by rcrac3r; August 12th, 2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:12 AM

What is post? It has a hardtop...yes i will post pics...trying to upload them now...yes parts for the four door is very hard to find..
Old August 12th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome aboard.
You're right - the 4 door Cutlass models just weren't as popular in sales - 2 doors were all the rage back in the day.

A 'post' car means all 6 side glass (included vent window) are framed by door structure and have a 'B' pillar in the middle of the car that goes from the rocker panel to the roof. A hardtop has no structure around the glass and has no pillar in the middle going to the roof. Here are a couple pics that show the difference. Your car sounds like it's the f85/Cutlass as opposed to the Cutlass Supreme?

Cutlass hardtop

Cutlass 'Post' or 'pillared sedan'
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:33 AM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing pics of your ride.
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:25 AM

Thx guys. It is def a posts or pillared cutlass..i just cant seem to upload the photos. Really disturbing me bc i want to show it off to others and really appreciate these older cars!...I am going to try some more. It gives me a message saying a security something was not attached or missing.
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:42 AM

Welcome, maybe try adding a album with your ride
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:52 AM

I did I ve tried every single way to put a pic on here..I guess Im going to jump to another forum...oldsmobile forum
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:23 PM

Putting pictures on this site is cumbersome but possible. When you reply or start a new thread, look for the "manage attachments" button below the area where you type in your message. It will allow you to select photos and upload them. Note there is a little table that indicates how big a picture you can post. If too big it will reject the pic. Just resize it on your computer and do it again. Like I said, cumbersome but it works. If you have an ipad you can only post one pic per message or reply.
Old August 19th, 2013, 03:31 AM

After reading what you said I decided to try again. It would not upload bc it said the same thing...there was a missing security token...whatever that means...ive messaged the admin about this and nothing...
Old August 19th, 2013, 08:30 AM

Welcome .
Don't give up yet on the pictures, this is a common problem on this site, if you will run a search at the top of the page you should get a bunch of info on this particular problem. It's easy once you get the hang of it. The biggest hangup is the size of the file if you can down size your pictures there is no problem....Tedd
Old August 19th, 2013, 09:13 AM

Ted is right. Missing security token means your pic is too big. You have to use some other program on your computer to make it smaller (fewer pixels). Look at the table that comes up in the bottom of the manage attachments dialogue to see what size to go for depending on the type of photo you are using. It would be really nice if this site automagically resized photos to avoid this but it is what it is. Don't get discouraged. This is a great site and the members loaded with great info!
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Shaunbo13
After reading what you said I decided to try again. It would not upload bc it said the same thing...there was a missing security token...whatever that means...ive messaged the admin about this and nothing...
Maybe this will help, it's something I put together a while back and have posted it for others having the same problem.

* clik the 'go advanced' tab
* Press the icon that looks like a paper clip; and A 'Manage Attachments' box will appear
* Choose (navigate on your computer to where the pics are stored) and hit 'open'. repeat for all 5 pics.
* Hit 'upload'. It may take a bit of time depending on your pic resolution. If you have ultra high res, you will have to 'resize' them with your picture editor to a 1024X768 size or smaller for the C.O. server to accept them.
* Close the "manage attachments' box.
* Preview your post and the images will be at the bottom
* Hit 'submit post' and the thread will have the images installed at the bottom. Unfortunately you can only do 5 pics at a time this way.

If you have the pics hosted on another web server?
* Copy the IMG url and Press the icon that looks like an envelope with mountains on it. Paste the URL into that box and hit 'ok'. You can install up to 20 images this way.
* Be sure to preview your work.
* Make sure the images don't carry on across the page, stack them for easier viewing.
Old August 24th, 2013, 10:56 AM

finally.

i uploaded whag pics i do have...but they are in my album..thx buddy i just resized them.