The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2014, 02:13 AM

Howdy

Hi Guys,
A Cutlass owner from Australia here, I picked her up late 2012 in a pretty much "as is" condition, which is pretty good. I hope to learn a little bit more about the old girl here.
As far as the car itself, it's a 69 Cutlass S with a 350 and a 4speed. Was a California car, purchased in the US by and Aussie who brought it over in 1991. It was purchased by the owner before me, repsprayed and had the 455, brake upgrade and suspension installed. I bought the car and drove it home (about 250miles) and it drove like a dream, I have only done some modifications and replaced door rubbers ignition barrel and small things like that. But I do have some more plans to change to a quick ratio steering box, bigger wheels and brakes and some more engine modifications.
Oh and I looooooove torque!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_3206.jpg (75.1 KB, 30 views)
IMG_3210.jpg (67.8 KB, 30 views)
IMG_3212.jpg (74.1 KB, 28 views)
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:49 AM
Administrator

Welcome, very nice. We have quite a few members from your area of the world.
Old January 19th, 2014, 03:26 AM
The Noob Messiah

Howdy amigo...

Being a forum junky I meet and befriend people from all over the world, everyday pretty much. 2 of the fourms I patron have LIVE chat boxes and THAT is greatness. It allows us real time chatting all day everyday with other men all over the globe. GREATNESS

Welcome and I am interested to learn more about your ride in Oz. A good mate of mine runs a board and is from Brisbane.
Old January 19th, 2014, 09:29 AM

Welcome to CO

Nice ride, Always great to see another member from OZ
Old January 19th, 2014, 09:28 PM

Welcome to the site! You've got a nice looking car to start with. When you have time you might read through posts on here to get ideas about mods you could make. I know one comment could be for your steering box. Several members have used one from a Jeep that fits and provides a more responsive feel.

John
Old January 20th, 2014, 02:05 AM

Thanks for warm welcome everyone! I think you'll see a lot more American muscle in Oz. Australian muscle from the peak of the era is just too expensive.

Originally Posted by txrob779
Howdy amigo...

Being a forum junky I meet and befriend people from all over the world, everyday pretty much. 2 of the fourms I patron have LIVE chat boxes and THAT is greatness. It allows us real time chatting all day everyday with other men all over the globe. GREATNESS

Welcome and I am interested to learn more about your ride in Oz. A good mate of mine runs a board and is from Brisbane.
Ask away, happy to answer any questions
Old January 21st, 2014, 06:19 PM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO. 69's are one of the best looking cars.
Old January 21st, 2014, 06:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome aboard. Sharp looking car!
I guess that it doesn't need to be modified for RHD? Past the statute of limitations.
With all the heat you guys are having down there I bet you wish it had air conditioning.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Welcome aboard. Sharp looking car!
I guess that it doesn't need to be modified for RHD? Past the statute of limitations.
With all the heat you guys are having down there I bet you wish it had air conditioning.
Here in New South Wales any vehicle over 30 yrs old can remain LHD. There is no limitations on how or where I can drive, it wasn't overly hard to get used to it. Not that I had a choice, I bought the car and drove it 250miles west LOL. The car was bought and imported in 1991, even back then there wasn't much issue with LHD vehicles.
As for the Aircon, well...we are coming back down to the mid 30C's (about 95f), where I am, which is central NSW it can go well over 40c. I actually have an underdash A/C unit I had in a mid 1970's Holden I owned that would fit and look perfect. I would find that winter is better here for driving, which seems to be the total opposite for you guys! Lol
Old January 22nd, 2014, 11:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup, Canadian winters are not for the faint of heart. A new adventure each time you get behind the wheel. We probably have more crashes than you guys that are weather related. I'm guessing you at least have a shelter the car can stay under to protect it from the IR and UV? Hopefully your car has at least a 3 row rad, more likely a 4 row would work best in that heat.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 04:43 AM

Yeh mate, the car is locked up in a shed. She comes out on weekends, does have a stock radiator and I've added two 16" thermo fans. It does touch around 190f when it's real hot but I'll look at something a bit more efficient, especially when I fit the A/C. Just enjoying driving right now and the looks I get from a muscle car that isn't a Mustang or a Camaro.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:34 AM

That's a sharp car ya got there, congrats!! Best of luck with it!

I'm always fascinated to see American muscle in other parts of the world, not completely sure why. I guess because I've never seen a Holden in the US

Oh, it's 7deg F (-14deg C) outside my door right now...95 sounds good to me!
Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:39 AM

Welcome aboard
Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:49 AM

It's gorgeous! Very clean. Thumbs up for your comment about the Mustangs/Camaros. Nice to see someone enjoying a car you definitely don't see much, unlike them.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 07:03 AM

Sharp car, welcome to CO