The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hello Out There!

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2009, 08:38 PM

Hello Out There!

I am very excited about this useful resource. I cannot wait to get going on my 1st Project car! Just wanted to say hello.
CUT-N-UP
Old October 29th, 2009, 07:36 AM

Welcome to CO

Do you have and Olds if so tell us about it, if not what are you looking for
Old October 29th, 2009, 08:40 AM

Welcome to the site.
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. In response to your question Citcapp, yes I do have an Olds. It is a 1967 Olsmobile Cutlass Town Sedan V-8 and I bought her back in Late September. I have recently completed some routine maintenance and ( Brake Lines, New Master Cylinder) and dicsovered that she will not go into drive. I am looking for a TH 350 to rebuild but they seem very difficult to come by. i am currently in the process of taking out my jaw and want to upgrade for cruisin purposes only. Any thoughts? Another question can i use steel braided trann lines? My existing one are rusted and very difficult to get off.
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:36 AM

Thank You Sir!
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM

1A Tony what kind(s) of Olds Car do you have?
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:07 PM

A BOP 350 meaning a turbo 350 out of a buick olds or pontiac should not be that hard to find. Lots of them around here. You cal also find them on craigs list and e-bay. Where are you located
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by CUT-N-UP
Thank You Sir!
I like a new guy who shows respect for his elders.
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome to the site, cut-n-up!! We like to see pictures - got any??
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Captain of my ship

What she said Not sure if 1A tony owns any olds or not but he is a NASCAR fan. Interesting user name , you should be able to find a th350 trans around somewhere. There were lots of them made by GM.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:59 PM

Wink THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE ARE GREAT!!!!

HELLO AGAIN EVERYONE,

I WANTED TO RESPOND TO THE PREVIOUS POSTS. AT FIRST, I DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE BOP AND THE 350 (LOL) NOW I DO! I WILL START LOOKING AROUND HERE IN OHIO BUT TO DATE NO ONE THAT I'VE CALLED SEEMS TO HAVE THEM AT THE LOCAL SALVAGE YARDS (I'M TOLD THE TRANNY IS TOO OLD? INVENTORY). I AM STILL TRYING TO GET USED TO THE OLDS JARGON SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AS THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME. CUTLASSGIRL, I DO HAVE PICTURES BUT WILL POST THEM LATER ON THIS WEEK. LOTS OF PICS COMING SOON.

LADIES AND GENTS, AS FAR AS RESPECT GOES, I CANNOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THAT, IT IS THE WAY I WAS RAISED. THE WAY I SEE IT YOU ALL HAVE SOMETHING I WANT AND THAT'S KNOWLEDGE AND I COUNT IT A PRIVILEGE TO HAVE PEOPLE ENTERTAIN MY QUESTIONS I JUST HOPE I'M NOT TOO BOTHERSOME. LOL THANKS
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:45 AM

HELLO AGAIN EVERYONE,

I WANTED TO RESPOND TO THE PREVIOUS POSTS. AT FIRST, I DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE BOP AND THE 350 (LOL) NOW I DO! I WILL START LOOKING AROUND HERE IN OHIO BUT TO DATE NO ONE THAT I'VE CALLED SEEMS TO HAVE THEM AT THE LOCAL SALVAGE YARDS (I'M TOLD THE TRANNY IS TOO OLD? INVENTORY). I AM STILL TRYING TO GET USED TO THE OLDS JARGON SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AS THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME. CUTLASSGIRL, I DO HAVE PICTURES BUT WILL POST THEM LATER ON THIS WEEK. LOTS OF PICS COMING SOON.

LADIES AND GENTS, AS FAR AS RESPECT GOES, I CANNOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THAT, IT IS THE WAY I WAS RAISED. THE WAY I SEE IT YOU ALL HAVE SOMETHING I WANT AND THAT'S KNOWLEDGE AND I COUNT IT A PRIVILEGE TO HAVE PEOPLE ENTERTAIN MY QUESTIONS I JUST HOPE I'M NOT TOO BOTHERSOME. LOL THANKS
Ok my new friend,

1] Turn off the CAPS It's considered forum Yelling

2] You "raise" sheep, cattle, chickens, etc. and "rear" children. [According to my dear ole departed mother.]

3] You will find we have alot of fun here as well as share information

4] You're never bothersome

Glad you joined up

5] I'm gonna regret I ever published the English lesson of yore. I can feel it coming.

6] We'll bee happy to "BEAR" with ya.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bear at table.jpg (77.7 KB, 1 views)
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. Glad to have you with us and hope you find your Oldsmobile!
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Captain of my ship

Rear

I always wondered why they called it rearing children. In my case I think cause it was the favorite place for my dad to " learn me respect "
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:21 AM

There are three Pull a Part junk yards in Ohio you should be able to find a trans. In one are all of them. Most junk yards aren't going to have any thing older than 1990 in them. Pull a Part you can check the inventory online. Plus you need look for little junk yards that have older cars. There are a lot of BOP 350turbo out there just look you'll find one.
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM

Cool Crying Over Spilled Milk!

Hello Fellow Rocketeers,

I wanted to explain why my previous comments were posted in all CAPS!!! My youngest son (E.J., 18 Months) thinks that it is ok to put his sippy cup on Daddy's Laptop. One accident here, or another tantrum there and BANG, I am literally crying over spilled Milk. Hopefully, the forum Elders grant me a one time pass lol.(Thanks Guys for the heads up!) My caps key is now working after some tlc from DOS-BOOT computer repair on the campus of OSU. I now have a functional keyboard again thus the new and improved post. Hey Jamesbo, The reason I say I was raised that way was because of the many times my parents Raised me off of the floor for back talk, and any other form of disrespect (lol). With this in mind, I wonder if I am the only one here in Olds Country or this Forum who was raised as a child?
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:14 PM
car guy

Welcome to the site. We need as many 64-67 cars as we can get. The 68-72 out number us by a good bit.
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:27 PM

Wow Gearheads78, your ride is slick. I'll get there one day soon. Thanks for the warm welcome.

CUT-N-UP
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:43 PM
car guy

Wow Gearheads78, your ride is slick. I'll get there one day soon. Thanks for the warm welcome.

CUT-N-UP
Thanks there is lots of documentation on my build if you go to the link in my sig
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:56 PM
67 heavy metal

CUT-N-UP
hmm I'm late getting in here ehh anywho welcome to the site Not shure if it still is but that red beauty was on the auction block recently didn't keep tract so don't know the results.I temporarily own three 67 delmont 88's.The third has a limited lifespan so to speak.I may put it up on here next week as I bought it for parts and that was it ehh we see.
Old October 30th, 2009, 08:28 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by delmontcrusier
hmm I'm late getting in here ehh anywho welcome to the site Not shure if it still is but that red beauty was on the auction block recently didn't keep tract so don't know the results.I temporarily own three 67 delmont 88's.The third has a limited lifespan so to speak.I may put it up on here next week as I bought it for parts and that was it ehh we see.
No sale yet. Its going back up next week for one final time. If it does not sell it time to dump some more $$ in it. Built 455 will find a home in there.
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:45 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Thanks there is lots of documentation on my build if you go to the link in my sig
Absolutely a must see build. Click on Richards sig line that's highlighted in blue and check it out. Richard put a lot of really nice work into that beauty and it's worth seeing what he did to it. maybe give you some ideas.