The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Greetings!

Old May 13th, 2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mak
I'll order another one from Rockauto... can you confirm that FG106A is the part number you used?
Yes, that is the part number. Sorry for not getting back on this sooner. Was traveling over the weekend.
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Mak

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Yes, that is the part number. Sorry for not getting back on this sooner. Was traveling over the weekend.
No problemo, hope you had a good trip. Thanks for confirming the part number. As it turns out, the eBay seller agreed to send me a new sending unit without any hassle at all... nice! And... after driving my Delta several times over this past weekend, it looks like the old sending unit is working great too! I've taken to using a wood yardstick as a fuel dip stick... just stick it down the neck and see how many inches of fuel I have left, LOL. After driving all weekend the gauge is just above empty and I have about 2-3" of fuel.
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:03 PM

Good to hear on the ability to exchange senders and the working old one. Keep the new one as a backup, but you may never need it.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 11:47 AM
Mak

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Keep the new one as a backup, but you may never need it.
Well, the original fuel sending unit I repaired a while back finally died (resurrecting an old thread, I know)... I installed the Buick sender and it works beautifully! I little more gauge fluctuation than I'm used to, but it calms right down at stop lights or at cruise speed. I just took it down to just about to touch E, and filled up... it took 20.6 gallons, so I figure I had roughly 2 gals of usable fuel remaining (I doubt I'll go that low again).

I also finally got around to installing the used power window motors you steering me to on eBay some time ago... they work great also!

I recently fixed my power top (woot!)... and many other little odds & ends that had been bothering me (interior lights, fuel tank vent, etc). I have a new carpet kit, dynamat & GM floor mats waiting in the garage to be installed in the next couple weeks. I'm dropping my front seat off with a local auto upholsterer while it's out to be "rebuilt"... a couple of small tears in the cover to fix, but mostly all new foam pad... mine is shot!

Monday I'm planning on ordering new exhaust manifolds from Thornton, as I can't get rid of an exhaust leak that is minor, but very annoying (to me, anyway). When that's done, to the muffler shop for new exhaust.

I've been working on her in my spare time, and driving her, all along... but finally feel like I'm getting close to "being there". I haven't chatted with you for a while, so thought I'd bring you up to date on my progress and thank you again for your guidance in the past!

Old May 20th, 2019, 02:20 AM

hi all,

my name is curitiba, i am from toronto, canada. it's my pleasure to meet you guys.
Old May 20th, 2019, 04:12 AM

Hi curtiba, this is a old post. Start your own introduction post in the newbee section and you will meet most everyone! Welcome!!