The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Great site and members...

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2012, 08:59 PM

Great site and members...

Yep, West Coast rust free find brings me here. Had to land a muscle car before they all go away and we're driving golf carts!!

Threw out a couple posts during purchase process and the responses from members were intelligent and very helpful. Nice to see a forum without a bunch of ninnies prowling it!!

Just picked this '67 Holiday up last weekend. She's basically a survivor with the right upgrades. She blasts a 71 Rocket 350 with earlier high compression heads through some Magnaflow 40's. It has disc brakes and lot's of goodies. Time to customize her my way.

It was advertised with Foose 20" wheels. Not my style exactly, I want a fun driver hot-rod not a show car. I ordered up some Torq-Thrust II's with BFG T/A's from tire rack and hauled 'em with me to slap on the car to drive her 300 miles back home. He got to keep his Foose setup as part of the sale agreement. Well I like it and it's dandy fast with MSD HEI, Edelbrock 600 and a mild cam.

Wheeeee, a sleding I shall go!! Now about this color??? Hmmmmm.

Cheers

Last edited by White_Knuckles; August 8th, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:26 PM

Nice!!!! Well done! and Welcome!!
Yep, I would own and love my Olds the same with or without this site, but it feels like I belong to a little club with a bunch of good folks who know everything about these cars and are always willing to help, or just talk about it when my wife is sick of hearing about it.
It definitely feels like an added bonus.
Good call on the wheels IMO...
Ya,..what about that color? It isn't bad....but......what are you thinkin?
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:46 PM

looking very good. I like the color, it looks good on that body style.
Need more pic's, inside and out.

Gene
Old August 8th, 2012, 10:00 PM

Welcome, nice car.
Old August 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM
1968 442 restoration

I love the color. Very nice find. I never really thought I would be a forum guy but I also feel right at home here. I don't come all the time but when I do everyone is still just as great. I have met a lot of interesting people here and bought a lot of great parts for very reasonable prices. Everybody just wants to help another Olds guy without having a chip on their shoulder. I try to do the same thing. Hopefully soon I will get my car back on the road so I can share in the joy of showing it off. Anyway, congratulations on the great car. I am sure you will continue to love it just like the first time you got behind the wheel. Welcome to the site.

Chris