The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

First post!

Search this Thread

Old November 6th, 2011, 02:12 PM

Talking First post!

I have been reading over this forum for about 3 months now and I can't believe how much it has helped me already. I am 27 and in the process of restoring my grandma's 70 cutlass S. It was my mom's first car which then became my first car. It didn't run when it was given to me with a, "are you sure you want it?" and baffled look when I said yes!

I got the car running when I was about 18 and drove it for about 3 months in all its gnarly glory before the fuel line got a plug in it. After I graduated high school I moved to Iowa from Southern Illinois and had to leave the car in storage for 2 years. When I had a place to finally put the car I made the trek to pick it up. when I entered the storage I found the car with the motor removed and my front grill and radiator, etc. smashed up. I swear if I didn't love this car so much I would have left it. But I'm sure alot of you out there know the feeling.

Anyways, life happened, wife, kids, and house. And now I finally have a chance at getting the car going again. I am in the process of tearing down the interior on my car and a parts car in hopes of finding enough usable parts to get close to a complete car.

Enough about me, thanks again for all the useful threads and the knowledgeable members for any past or future help with my restoration. I dont know if I can wait for this to be done, I have spent an unhealthy amount of time sitting on the floorpans envisioning what it will be like.
Old November 6th, 2011, 02:49 PM

Welcome to CO, nice car to keep in the family.
Old November 6th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Welcome, pics are are always appreciated!
Old November 6th, 2011, 04:10 PM

welcome
Old November 6th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Old School Olds

Wecome, nice story. Keep us posted...
Old November 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Official Tire Kicker

Welcome aboard!
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:32 PM

here is where a rocket once was... I would have been happier with the entire car stolen...

hacked and slashed. for some reason they left all my ac parts...

At least I am almost positive they jacked their head up on the hood extension. There was a big chunk of hair in it wedged into the trim.

some other pictures of the car gutted. no recent pictures but I am about ready to take the car off of the frame.
Old November 6th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Oldsdruid

Should have run a DNA sample off that hair and found the scumbag who jacked your engine. No sympathy here for a thief.

Was it secure storage? If so, the owner of the storage lot could be held liable for the damage and theft- unless he was in on it. At the very least he'd have played hell getting the storage fees out of me.

But, folks here can help you find another engine.
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome to our site!
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:07 PM

it was a gated storage facility but it was just for vehicles boats trailers... It wasnt very secure but it had security at the gate. But when you can open the hood from the outside the guard probably didnt think twice about it. I already have another 350 but waiting to get my body work done before i dive into building it or getting a 455...