The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Dad's Olds 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Dad's Olds 1st Post

Hey Olds Folks,

I've been a quiet guest user for some time, picking up bits of knowledge as needed. "Thank You" to all those who contribute their time and brains to help out the youngbloods. My first Olds is a 67 C/S I inherited from my Pops (hence the user name) after it spun a bearing 10 years ago and sat in a field for seven. Instead of simply fixing it like a sane man, I completely ripped it apart, separating the cab and frame, and attempting a POoR-15 resto. I bought a nice Holiday and a convertible as my drivers while stickin' Dad's car back together. It's cool driving my car while building my car. Nothin special, just a mellow yellow machine with a 455/400,that have yet to be installed. The body is good, the interior looks like wild dogs got locked inside. Shortly after I took the frame off a couple years ago, I bought my first house, got my first wife, and she just had my first baby a few months ago (also hence the user name). My, how priorities change.
I don't have any knowledge to share, though I'll need your help putting my "Father's Oldsmobile" back together. I do have some parts for 67s. If you don't have a 67 Cutlass, I have some for sale. What is the plural of Cutlass? Cutlasses? Cutli, like octopi? I want to focus on one car, and though it's not the sweetest, I have to keep my Dad's Olds. I'd like to buy a 5-speed or fuel injection (advice anyone?), so I'll sell the L-69 he left me. I've read the stickies about selling; will do.
I've had some fast cars in my high school days (68 Charger 383, Boss 302, 340/4-speed Dart), but my favorite thing about my CuteLass (besides her hot body; the sail panels, the hips, four eyes) is simply, All of the Class, and still hauls A$$. Chrome galore, monster torque for the city. You can't go over 100mph without the cops shootin' at ya, so I take satisfaction in beatin' *** up the on-ramps. Does anyone make a bolt-in roll bar that accommodates car-seats? Just kiddin' there, but sincere about Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Conner
Old November 5th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Dad'sOlds
My first Olds is a 67 C/S I inherited from my Pops (hence the user name) after it spun a bearing 10 years ago and sat in a field for seven. Instead of simply fixing it like a sane man, I completely ripped it apart, separating the cab and frame, and attempting a POoR-15 resto.
Yup, you're one of us all right.

Shortly after I took the frame off a couple years ago, I bought my first house, got my first wife, and she just had my first baby a few months ago (also hence the user name). My, how priorities change.
It's ok to get that 2nd, 3rd, 4th car. Try to keep that number 1 wife though. Sounds like a nice start in life. Congrats on your child. Boy or Girl?

What is the plural of Cutlass? Cutlasses? Cutli, like octopi?
A loaded topic to some. I just say " I've got this Cutlass". Then I say, " Oh yeah, I also have another one".

my favorite thing about my CuteLass (besides her hot body; the sail panels, the hips, four eyes) is simply, All of the Class, and still hauls A$$. Chrome galore, monster torque for the city.
Nice cars you had in the past. I also am partial to the lines of the 66/67. They have a nicely sculpted look. Learned how to drive on one and it was ' Dads Oldsmobile' too. I've only had 1 wife, 1 house, 1 son, 1 Chevy, 1 Ford, 1 VW, 1 Huyundai, but I've had about 16 Oldsmobiles. They're kind of addictive.

Welcome aboard. You'd be surprised at some of the knowledge you already have just waiting to be unleashed.
Old November 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM

Welcome aboard

I've vote fer Cutleaux, but what do I know?
Old November 6th, 2011, 09:22 AM

9 1/2 lb. baby girl. Has my wife's butterfly eyes; she's perfect.

Yeah, once you have one car, the multiples seem to find you.
Of course with some cars, you need many to keep one on the road.
It's a nice pipe dream to display all of your ideas on different cars: the drag car, the custom cruiser, the original driver...
Maybe with enough time/space/$$$, of which I have none.
I have 4 67s: My Dad's C/S post coupe in double Saffron.
The Plain Jane convertible, white with blue guts.
A Holiday hardtop that's been my faithful driver for 3 years.
Another C/S post coupe, white/black that's a good base.

Ultimately, I just want to build a business black lowrider that can handle some curves and take us to dinner.
I have some questions I'll research here before I post a new thread. Thanks.