1st post in 98 section

Search this Thread

Old December 31st, 2005, 03:42 PM

1st post in 98 section

Hello All, I see we have a new Forum. I am into the "BIG" cars so I hope this website takes off. One of my cars is an 1967 Olds 4-door 98 LS. I kidding tell everyone it is the World's fastest 67 Olds 4-door 98 and as far as I know it is! At the Dick Miller Meet 2 years ago it took 3rd place $. It will run 14:18 @ 93 MPH. Not bad for a 4650# light-weight Olds. It has a 455 with a "few" tricks but NO NOS, all carburator. I have home-made true dual exhaust with torque tube, switch-pitch and 3:08 Posi. 1:99 60 foot time. I have smoked Corvettes with it. Hope more people find this site, Kennybill
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:10 AM
Past Administrator

Neat info. And I bet you I know how and why you did the exhaust the way you did because I had to do the same thing for my '69 Delta 88. Rear steer, the gearbox is pretty much in the way of most headers and it's very difficult to get stock exhausts for those bodys with true duals. Sounds like you have yourself a sleeper there. The best time for my Delta it 14.95 @ 89 mph. on a peg-legged 2:73 rear end. Love those big B bodies...
Old January 3rd, 2006, 04:32 PM

Hello, Putting duals is a "little" trouble. I have Toro exhaust manifolds. Pass-side is great, drivers' side a "little" tricky. Saw the manifold in half towards the rear, rotate is about 180*, weld with Ni-rod, grind to side on the manifold and the steering box mounting bolt a bit for clearance, a little work on the shifting rod. I have a torque tube also, 2.5" pipes. I found a factory dual shift rod, not on but in the "stock pile." I have a second manifold not on (for a 66 Dynamic convertible project) I could take a pic of if anyone is interested. I also have a 71 Delta conv, plus 2 66 Delta's 4-doors, plus 72 Supreme, also a 78 Cutlass-race car. I have a 68 Delmont conv, that I will probaly part out. I have 6 cars in my Olds graveyard also. Later, Ken
Old January 4th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Past Administrator

Ken, that is exactly what I had to do, apparently that it about the only solution to the problem. Of course you could have custom headers made but for the price, you better be racing and earning money with whatever you put those on.....at least that was the conclusion I came to. So I did it your way.
Old January 4th, 2006, 08:55 PM

Hello Dan, Great minds think alike! lol, The Toro exhaust flows as good as it gets without the custom headers, better than that S factory manifold. There was a 70 Delta at Norwalk this year with Cutlass headers, He only changed 2 pipes, I only saw it for a quick glance, I meant to take a pic but didn't get a chance. Maybe next year. I will probably be changing my engine, putting a near stock engine because I am going to make a cruiser out of it. I run 93 octane and mix a gallon of race gas per every 5 presently, it is about a "true "10.5 c/r. The engine ran 11.7 in a 3600# G-body race car. Have u ever gone to the Miller meet? Good talking to you, Ken
Old January 9th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Past Administrator

nope, never been out there. I am not a racer but I have had the Delta at KCIR here in Kansas City just to see what it would do. With the 2.73:1 rear gears it was terrible....
Old November 30th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Land Yacht Skipper

Red face please take picture

Originally Posted by Kennybill
Hello, Putting duals is a "little" trouble. I have Toro exhaust manifolds. Pass-side is great, drivers' side a "little" tricky. Saw the manifold in half towards the rear, rotate is about 180*, weld with Ni-rod, grind to side on the manifold and the steering box mounting bolt a bit for clearance, a little work on the shifting rod. I have a torque tube also, 2.5" pipes. I found a factory dual shift rod, not on but in the "stock pile." I have a second manifold not on (for a 66 Dynamic convertible project) I could take a pic of if anyone is interested. I also have a 71 Delta conv, plus 2 66 Delta's 4-doors, plus 72 Supreme, also a 78 Cutlass-race car. I have a 68 Delmont conv, that I will probaly part out. I have 6 cars in my Olds graveyard also. Later, Ken

yes please post a Picture, I would like to try the same thing
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Registered

Hey Ken, I've been to Norwalk for the Dick Miller event. I'm local here in Bainbridge township, you probably go by here on 422 if you're heading west.
I hope to take the Vista Cruiser out there next year if all goes to plans.

Allan