The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

67 old 98 from TEXAS with PICS!! im looking for parts!!!

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2010, 06:19 PM
425 super rocket

67 olds 98 from TEXAS with PICS!!

Well I'm new here of course so here's my first post. I'm the second owner of this car. It was left to me by my grandmother so its been in the family since it rolled off the lot. I love this car, and I'm excited to talk to other olds enthusiasts and learn.

olds01.jpg
l_3bbea6b7a07d4fe6b240d86c74a19e2d.jpg
Image-3.jpg
l_785af551e7fa4bfe88bf071b317ad1ef.jpg
l_b7bf4a7830a044da8f1abba9e6ac77db.jpg
l_dea0c3fb21ff410e83ad7c786a97a69d.jpg
olds02.jpg
olds03.jpg
olds04.jpg
olds05.jpg
olds07.jpg
olds08.jpg
olds09.jpg
olds10.jpg
olds11.jpg

ok, not a picture of my car, just showing what hubcaps mine came with:
981.jpg

Looking to eventually find a replacement for my back bumper & drivers fender.

Last edited by tindrumstoo; April 25th, 2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo correction in title.
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:46 PM

Welcome to the site! Awesome car. From your pictures your bumper and fender looks fine. Good luck to ya!
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:51 PM
425 super rocket

if you look closely at the passenger side corner of the rear bumper you'll see whats wrong with it. you cant really tell in the pictures but the body work on the driver fender is horrible, and thats why im looking for a new straight one.
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. I am surprised those wheels are 14", I knew that size was more predomenent then but thought for sure a 98 would have 15". I have four or five sets of wheel covers I can check but think most of them are 15". I'll let you know. Nice car!
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:49 AM

Very nice looking car. I like how the dealer's name is still on the trunk. I've got a '67 Delta 88.

There is no central source or supplier of body and trim parts for these cars, and there is nothing reproduced in the aftermarket. You need to contact the yards in the southwest that specialize in old cars and try to find parts off of a good donor car.
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:16 AM

Great looking car and wonderful photography! WELCOME!!
Lots of new Texans lately. Around where are you at? I am around Plano.
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:12 AM

Is there a small dimple in the passenger's side rear bumper beside the tail light? If that is the only thing wrong with it then you don't even have to worry about it. The bumper you have on there now is going to be better than anything you find in a salvage yard. If you really want to get rid of the dimple perhaps you can take the bumper you have to a shop that can straighten it and rechrome the bumper.

BTW, that is an AWSOME car! Welcome to our site.
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:42 AM
NôôB

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
san antonio for me here also btw
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:52 AM

I'm in Austin, Tx and I have a salvaged, nearly complete 67 98 2drhdtp for parts. Has near perfect fenders in white, also original wheel covers. Rear bumper is rough
Henry
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Oldsdruid

I know it's aggravating, but 67-68 Ninety Eight rear bumpers ain't common and ain't cheap. They rust out behind the welded-on bracket mounts and are consequently in demand. Put it this way- I sold an NOS one in the wrapper for $500 in 1993. If I had one now it would be double that.

You might find a chrome shop that can fix it properly, but if there's no rot I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet.

You can use a front fender from any 1967 88 or Ninety Eight except Delta Custom. Those have a cutout for the fender trim and it would have to be filled for a Ninety Eight.

Any 64-later 14" Olds wheelcover will work except 64-66 wire caps, because the spinners hit the skirts. The ones you have show up from time to time on ebay and elsewhere.

You or someone you know knows how to take car pictures!
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:57 PM
425 super rocket

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Welcome to CO. I am surprised those wheels are 14", I knew that size was more predomenent then but thought for sure a 98 would have 15". I have four or five sets of wheel covers I can check but think most of them are 15". I'll let you know. Nice car!
they're 14" i know i cant believe it either, its a big car for such small wheels.

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Very nice looking car. I like how the dealer's name is still on the trunk. I've got a '67 Delta 88.
thats one of my favorite things about the car! unfortunetly its getting rough. i need to find someone that can re-finish it for me.

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
i'm from wichita falls. about two hours north of dfw.

Originally Posted by Olds64
Is there a small dimple in the passenger's side rear bumper beside the tail light? If that is the only thing wrong with it then you don't even have to worry about it. The bumper you have on there now is going to be better than anything you find in a salvage yard. If you really want to get rid of the dimple perhaps you can take the bumper you have to a shop that can straighten it and rechrome the bumper.

BTW, that is an AWSOME car! Welcome to our site.
yes thats the damage, any chance that someone knows places that do that kind of re-shape and finsh work in my area?

Originally Posted by 66400
I'm in Austin, Tx and I have a salvaged, nearly complete 67 98 2drhdtp for parts. Has near perfect fenders in white, also original wheel covers. Rear bumper is rough
Henry
i'd be interested in the drivers fender and the jewel from one of the hubcaps, well i'd like to get the whole cover if its in good shape. PM me some prices but it would probably be a long time before i could spend any big money on parts. also interested in back up lenses and tail light lenses as well as the original tail light sockets/wiring on the driver side. i have family in austin and i make a trip down there at least once a year.
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:21 AM

Welcome to CO!

Great Car!! Another piece of nostalgia in motion.

I'm in the process of locating a bumper company to straighten and redo the chrome on my bumpers.

I'm in Fort Worth and the first local shop I stumbled upon (spoken to them on the phone so far) here in Dallas is called Quality Bumper Service and they guarantee the chrome for as long as you own the car. Give them a call and see if they can help you.

http://www.qualitybumperofdfw.com/

I'm sure other members have more insight than I do and they'll chime in shortly.

As others have stated, your bumper looks great! On the other hand, I know how it is for that "one little thing" to bug the mess out of you because it's not right. The little things....