The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

55 olds wiper problem

Search this Thread

Old December 31st, 2019, 03:21 PM

55 olds wiper problem

Hi, I have 55 Olds 88 that I recently acquired. It didn't have the wiper motor or 'transmission plate that goes under it. What I need to know, is how are the cables routed to the pulleys? Thank you, Bill
Old December 31st, 2019, 05:45 PM

Welcome aboard. Do you have the pulleys and the cables? Now is the time to consider a Newport wiper system which is electrical. not original but fool proof and looks like it could be original. Other wise I'll take a look at mine tomorrow and see how it is arranged. I don't remember it being a problem issue though..... Tedd
Old January 1st, 2020, 09:09 AM

Hi, thank you for replying. I bought an electric motor to replace the vacuum motor. I have everything else. Just don't know how to 'wrap' the cables. My email: billbartz85@gmail.com if you want to send a sketch or drawing or? Great picture! Bill
Old January 6th, 2020, 11:31 AM

Hi, I have figured out which way the wiper cables are installed! It was easy once I understood what they were trying to do! However, it me four days of 'on and off' figuring it out. I decided to write up the procedure in my document file. Thanks, Bill