The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1970 delta 88 455 rocket

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2009, 04:09 PM

1970 delta 88 455 rocket

Here is what we have run into so far. The left signal light won't flash and we can't locate the flasher. We know its somewhere under the dash on the driver side. Also we are trying to look for some aftermarket headers for the car since we are converting to four barrel carb and intake manifold (btw any suggestions on what carb and intake we should run). I checked on Summit Racing and they have a set of Flowtech Headers http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BIG-11154FLT/ for 120 bucks. Will these fit, i have heard that they will only fit from 71-75 delta's? If they don't, what are any available aftermarket headers for the car?
Old December 20th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Past Administrator

Finding headers to fit you car may be difficult if it had the steering behind the control arms. I can't remember but know the '69 Delta was that way. If only one indicator won't flash but the others do it isn't the flasher, it would be a lamp, socket or wiring for the corner that won't flash. I like quadrajets and an old edelbrock O4B manifold is a nice thing to have if you don't make any drastic changes to the engine, if you can't find that then the newer performer is basically an aluminum version of the GM iron manifold.
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:16 PM

Cool thanks, i have an update for you guys tomorrow. Hopefully the steering column isn't behind the control arms. What are the "grounds to sockets"? I am not too good with electrical.
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:57 AM

if you can't find that then the newer performer is basically an aluminum version of the GM iron manifold
I believe that is only for the SBO Edelbrock Performer. That is why everyone suggests the SBO Edelbrock Performer RPM. The BBO Edelbrock Performer is a good streetable dual plane intake manifold. I have one on my 71 98 and it runs like a champ.

You won't find headers for your car. The only option is making a set of custom headers. That will be difficult though since you will have to clear the pitman arm and steering box on the driver's side. You can get a reproduction T manifold from Thornton's. This will allow you to run true dual exhaust without the crossover. Do a search on our site for the weblink.