The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1964 Starfire from Finland

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2019, 12:36 PM

Smile 1964 Starfire from Finland

Dear fellow Oldsmobile enthusiasts,

I am pleased to join this forum as an owner of a 1964 Starfire HT.
I live in Loviisa, Finland. Thatīs about 40 miles east from Finlandīs capital Helsinki.

I got my girl in 2011 when a friend of mine found her in a barn in Nevada. He sent me a few pictures, told me it seems rust-free and so I told him
to get it shipped here. Did not know too much her about at that time.

Years went by and I didnīt seem to find the time to get her done. I realised soon that she had been sitting for years even before me.
Now and then I tried to find the time to start fixing her but something always got in the way.

For the past year I have been going through quite much everything. She has got several sq.ft of new sheet metal because the collision damages were
too badly fixed. Renewed all wheel bearings, rear end shimmed with new bearings, new brake lines, new fuel lines, new universal joints, new brake cylinders and a new master cylinder. Changed all electric wires to new, new interior, wheels and tires.

She hasnīt got her final paint yet, since I want to drive her for a while and decide the colour later.

I will be asking a lot questions and I will need some parts. I guess my 64 is the only one in Finland and not many Oldsmobiles around anyway.
Hope I can find some assistance and good tech advice.

64 going to registration.
Old August 26th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, very nice.