A different kind of build

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2018, 02:16 PM

Well Young Olds, been kind of indisposed for about 7 weeks and the chassis has set the way I left it. In early Oct. I started losing weight and got really weak. Long story short, did some testing at the hospital and was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer. The Doc siad it "will take your life eventually" and I commented well hell I'm going to die eventually anyway. So, I'm finishing my 4th week out of 5 with the radiation and chemo therapy, to my surprise I've had no ill effects from either other than food just doesn't taste any good. Had to have a feeding tube installed into my stamach so my wife can feed me this special "Fiber Source" concoction 3 times a day. Luckily the Doc is very happy in how I'm handling the treatment, said it's a very good sign. After the finishing the treatments they let you re-coup for about 4 weeks then they will do a "pet scan" which is basically a 1 1/2 hour MRI after they inject you with a nuclear solution that makes the remaining cancer cells light up like a Christmas tree.
So that's it in a nut shell, This is the first day I've been upstairs to my computer and was happy to see that someone was inquiring. I honestly can't say just yet if I will ever get this *****'s finished, will have a better idea after the pet scan and the Doc can give me the news on how bad the cancer has spread or if the tumor has shrunk enough, how many cancer spots are left and or if further chemo and radiation is needed, just a wait and see type of deal right now. Never thought in a million years this would happen to me, don't smoke, try to eat healthy but it has sure kicked my *** as far energy level. Took me forever to climb up the stairs to get on the computer. Luckily also that I have a VERY loving wife of 51 years that's working OT taking care of me and driving me to the cancer clinic every morning. All I can say is enjoy your health cuzz it can be gone in a heartbeat. I'll get back to you guy's when I have .....hopefully some good news................ Dave ps, you guys have a great Thanksgiving with your loved ones

Last edited by Gascoop; November 21st, 2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old November 21st, 2018, 04:32 PM

Fingers and toes crossed for your better health and tranquility. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Old November 21st, 2018, 07:25 PM

Mr. Gascoop, I'm very sorry to hear about your health problems. It sounds like you're getting good treatment and care both at the hospital and home. Keep us updated and/or just post to talk. I'll be thinking of you and keep you in my prayers. Ken
Old November 22nd, 2018, 05:36 AM

Gas...... Sorry about your recent health problems. Think positive and take care of yourself, the car will still be waiting for you when you are feeling better. We will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Perhaps get a laptop to keep in touch so you don't have to climb stairs for a while. Good luck.
Old December 14th, 2018, 07:02 AM

Mr Gascoop hasn't been online since November 28. Let's pray for a Christmas miracle.
Old December 14th, 2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by kennybill
mr gascoop hasn't been online since november 28. Let's pray for a christmas miracle.
amen
Old December 26th, 2018, 03:21 PM

Just a quick update................got through all 5 weeks of treatment but it really took it's toll. Still very weak and not getting on the computer much. I have what's called a "pet scan" coming up in a couple of weeks to see just how much of the cancer was wiped out. I'll then be able to plan on what my future may hold for me, I'll check back with you guys then. We had a good Christmas, hope all of you did also ............. Dave
Old December 26th, 2018, 03:26 PM

Good luck and hang in there. We are all pulling for you.