72 convertible refurb

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2015, 09:29 AM

Wiper motor connections now made! Thanks Crod for the pics! Starting to run out of connections to make... except for the A/C system... but that is down the road a stretch. After the body work, roof, and interior... So much to do.. so little cash!
Old July 1st, 2015, 11:20 AM

Who

Originally Posted by kitfoxdave
My posi rear end came in today! It looks amazing! Thanks Brian, great job!
the Drive shaft should be done this weekend.... its all piling up to go back together.
Who's Brian and where is he located
Old July 1st, 2015, 12:22 PM

Brian is 507OLDS he is in PA. Did a great job on the Posi rear I bought from him. Super nice guy to deal with to.
Old July 5th, 2015, 08:01 AM

I have been working on the Throttle linkage and the TV cable adjustments for a few days... it looks like things are working out now. The clevis pin going thru the throttle cable and the hole in the carb linkage seem to have a sloppy clearance. Has anyone dealt with this before? I may see if I can find a shoulder bolt to turn down to tighten up the fit...
Old July 6th, 2015, 04:56 PM

I got a response from Joe regarding the sloppiness of the throttle linkage/throttle cable connection. Sent me a really nice picture of studs that are used. Searched and searched on the web... nothing as big as 1/2" holes... I dug thru my aircraft bolts, found a close tolerance shank 1/2 bolt, walked over to the lathe and turned a step on the shoulder and just a smidge of the threads... nice fit and used lock nuts. MUCH better now, everything rotates smoothly! The slop is now GONE!
Old June 5th, 2016, 07:58 AM

I gave up on the 750 cfm slayer carb. Just too much hassle to live with.
Installed an Edelbrock Thunder AVS and the difference is night and day! It runs much better and stays adjusted! The car is slated to be a cruiser with torque and so far seems to be fitting the bill. Hope to get it road worthy real soon, and get all the bugs worked out over the next year. Then comes the body and interior work after that. It has been a long slog.
Old February 23rd, 2024, 03:32 PM

Finally getting back to it!

I am finally getting back to work on the cutlass.... it has been a while! Cleaning off the dust... and clearing out around it.
Retired in October, so FINALLY have some time to dedicate.
One of my sons buddies is a mechanic, that has worked on classic cars and he will be helping me get the car up and running again... once that is done, the new hood and fender wells go in.
then it will be time to get some body work done. NOS fenders and quarter panels, rocker panels, trunk lid from 4 door donor, top of dash...
While that is all happening, I want to redo the interior. I have a complete set of spare panels so I can just swap them out.
so hopefully soon I will have more to post!