64 F85 Proooject

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2013, 10:24 PM

Forgot to mention on the previous post that I had to figure out what to do with the fuel return line from the 72 Fuel pump. Ended up getting a fuel pump for a 69 455 and had to bend some new line since the outlet was at a different angle.

)- bought a universal throttle linkage, hope to get that installed this weekend.
)-set timing, borrow timing gun
)-block off all unnecessary vacuum lines
)- figure out how to mount the new B&M shifter in the same location as the original so I can still use the center console. Still need some type of mount
wonder if this mount can be modified for my purposes since I have a console. http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-...ion&key=CH-76D
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:02 AM

The 455 in pics doesn't look like a boat engine, and also looks like a 68 or later power brake booster.Good luck
Old May 31st, 2014, 02:10 PM

Quick up date on the car

)- made a shifter mount, had a friend weld it up. Installed and adjusted the shifter linkage, works perfect and once the shifter is cut down, will be hard to tell its aftermarket.
)- Had a new drive shaft built, they said the original wouldn't last even if rebuilt so just bought a new one.
)- Sent it over to a mechanic to get the carb setup and running good.
)- Also was able to get the front windows working. I ended up replacing the whole system with new regulators and wiring. Rear windows still need work but that will take more time.

I need to get a video of it running but sounds good. I ended up being able to keep the stock exhaust manifolds and the dual exhaust that was on it previously. Only issue now starting is the fuel seems to slowly drain out of the carb and down the fuel line if I don't start it every week. Other than that, its a monster in disguise!

I put the interior all back in, mainly for pictures. Sadly I think I won't have much time in the coming years to continue to work on it.

At this point it could use some minor body work and paint and it will be a great car. I've posted the car in the for sale section if anyone is interested or know someone that might be.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4477212705.html

Last edited by ACID64; May 31st, 2014 at 02:16 PM.