Wiper switch 68 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2019, 07:18 PM

Wiper switch 68 Cutlass

How do you remove wiper switch from 68 Cutlass? Does the **** pull off?
Old August 7th, 2019, 04:33 AM

Yes, the **** pulls off, under that there should be a nut that is removed and allows the switch to be removed from the back of the dash.
Old August 7th, 2019, 04:44 AM

The **** pulls straight off, leaving the stem with the washer button. Then you have to unscrew the bezel (recessed cup) & the switch will come out from the backside of the dash. There is a tool for removing the bezel but they usually can be easily unscrewed with your finger tips. More than likely your bezel will be cracked, since it's 51 yr old plastic. They make replacements for our cars out of aluminum but they're pricey! $30 to $40 a piece! I replaced all of mine so they'd look the same. My wiper switch bezel was cracked, the threads on the headlight switch were stripped as well. The bezel on the ignition switch likes to crack as well. Fusick & the Parts Place both have them.
Old August 7th, 2019, 02:40 PM

Wiper Switch

Originally Posted by rob1960
The **** pulls straight off, leaving the stem with the washer button. Then you have to unscrew the bezel (recessed cup) & the switch will come out from the backside of the dash. There is a tool for removing the bezel but they usually can be easily unscrewed with your finger tips. More than likely your bezel will be cracked, since it's 51 yr old plastic. They make replacements for our cars out of aluminum but they're pricey! $30 to $40 a piece! I replaced all of mine so they'd look the same. My wiper switch bezel was cracked, the threads on the headlight switch were stripped as well. The bezel on the ignition switch likes to crack as well. Fusick & the Parts Place both have them.
Thanks for the info. Had to use a pair of pliers to get the **** off. Thought it just pulled off, but it it took more effort. I put a new switch on when I put the car back together, and I just wasn’t sure. Thanks again.