seat removal

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2012, 01:59 PM

seat removal

I know this isn't an Olds, but I got one of those 2(63 88 conv), but problem could be similar on any car. Does anyone have experience getting front seats out of a car (72 Fleetwood) if the power apparatus won't work at all?
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Ben

Originally Posted by lonestarjarhead
I know this isn't an Olds, but I got one of those 2(63 88 conv), but problem could be similar on any car. Does anyone have experience getting front seats out of a car (72 Fleetwood) if the power apparatus won't work at all?
Not positive on the bench seat, but this is what i did on a power bucket seat that wouldn't move...

There was a little plastic panel on the front edge of the seat, that could be accessed by removing a couple screws. With it off, you could see these circles where the little drive cables came through- the circles would spin... In the center where the cables were was square.

I took a square drive bit, put it in my power drill- and sticking it in that port, i was able to operate the seat forward & backwards & up and down.

I used it to slide the seat forward to access the rear floor bolts, then backwards to get teh front ones.

Was slow and a PITA, but it worked.

I never did get around to troubleshooting it, to figure out what was wrong with it... I just put the seat back in and adjusted it with the drill and left it alone.