Seat belt bolt locations

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2019, 06:56 AM

Seat belt bolt locations

I am reassembling a 69 Cutlass Convertible with bucket seats after several years of restoration and a very bad memory.
In a parts box of many seat belt bolts I have two types of bolts used to attach the seat belts to the body floor. One type is threaded the length of the bolt. The other is a longer bolt with half the length thread and the other half shoulder/pivot.

So where are the shoulder/pivot bolts use on a convertible or are they used at all ? I count 4 bolt holes for the rear belts and two bolt holes each side for the front belts.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 08:27 AM
Old(s) Fart

The fully threaded bolts are used for the retractors on the outboard sides of the front seat. The shoulder bolts are used at the other locations. The metal brackets on the belts should be able to rotate around the shoulder bolt so the belt is only pulling straight on the bolt. The retractors are designed for the offset load.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
The fully threaded bolts are used for the retractors on the outboard sides of the front seat. The shoulder bolts are used at the other locations. The metal brackets on the belts should be able to rotate around the shoulder bolt so the belt is only pulling straight on the bolt. The retractors are designed for the offset load.

So based on what you are saying is that my vert will have 4 shoulder bolts for the back seat and two for the front buckets inward sides and 2 full thread bolts on the outboard sides for the retractors.

Thanks Joe