Procar Seats

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2020, 09:20 AM

Procar Seats

Has anyone tried these seats and have pics? OPGI has them on sale for $589 a pair. They recline fully, include tracks, and style wise a similar look to the era. I have a bench with armrest which needs recovering and have considered going with buckets instead. They wouldn't be a perfect match but might be worth the comfort. personally i like the possibility of taking a nap on a long ride.

https://www.opgi.com/interior-access...r-ch24824.html

Steve
Old November 2nd, 2020, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Send a PM to therobski, link below. I believe he used procar in his car.
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...therobski.html
Old November 2nd, 2020, 10:45 AM

I have the lowback PRO90 without the headrest. They are great quality and feels solid with good foam padding. I was very impressed when they arrived.

The bracket they make on the otherhand, they work but I don't know if I would trust it with my life. I had a bench with center armrest as well. I got the A-body bench to bucket brackets and the outer holes line up. I had to purchase some conversion brackets and cut them into 4 pieces so it can get welded on the other side which do not have any holes. I did not want to go through the floor pan with bolts as Scat doesnt recommend it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/o...SABEgJlK_D_BwE

I can take a picture of it in the car later tonight if you'd like.

Last edited by yeahbuddy; November 2nd, 2020 at 11:05 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 11:21 AM

Sure a pic would be great.

Steve
Old November 2nd, 2020, 02:35 PM

Here is what I did to my F-85. I would trust my life and yours the way these were mounted. These Scat Procar are not quite the same as yours. So here you go:

Scat Procar Rally 1000 series-very good bolsters, comfortable along with the Simpson race style lap belts, you are snug in these seats.
Procar seat adapters 81512, 81513
66-72 A-body seat brackets, I welded these to the floor ( some guys choose to bolt these to floor with wide thick washers to spread the load) I think a good weld is better my opinion https://classicmusclemetal.com/produ...s-monte-carlo/

Very first time out to a car show yesterday and after my wife got the Simpson lap belt adjusted to her liking she did say the seat were very comfortable. Hope this helps

Old November 2nd, 2020, 04:32 PM

Looks great, thank you.

Steve
Old November 2nd, 2020, 05:21 PM

therobski those rally seats look so comfortable. I really liked the ones they make in velour but I am on a micro budget and this was the second best option. I used those same brackets. I used my factory bench holes for the outer mounts and I am having brackets like yours welded to the floorpan for the inside.

Here is how the low back sits using the Procar bracket. Sorry my car is disaster right now I am in the process of installing sound deadening, swapping to floor shift and installing a new interior/weatherstripping.

Old November 2nd, 2020, 07:18 PM

Wow, Are you building a Pro-Street pr Pro-Touring car? Looks great! After I installed the sound deadener on the floor I stuck the scraps to inside of the door skins, Before I had the headliner installed I bought some this pictured and install it on the inside of roof. If I could do it all over again I would have used this on the floor as well and inside door skins as well.. Just a few ideas..

Old November 2nd, 2020, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by therobski
Wow, Are you building a Pro-Street pr Pro-Touring car? Looks great! After I installed the sound deadener on the floor I stuck the scraps to inside of the door skins, Before I had the headliner installed I bought some this pictured and install it on the inside of roof. If I could do it all over again I would have used this on the floor as well and inside door skins as well.. Just a few ideas..
Do you think the frost king would be a better choice for the roof by itself or did you double layer it with the butyl rubber deadener? Does that stuff have adhesive on it as well? I was looking at getting a second layer to fight the heat. Also, what kind of Simpson belts are those? Do you like them? I was looking at the 3 point from Retrobelts but those look nice too.

I had a lot of down time in the beginning of the year and ended up overhauling the car. Converting all of the suspension to protouring QA1, UMI, and BMR. Went manual Wilwood disc brakes all around. Got a TH400 going in soon. It's a postless 4-door and would probably get laughed at in the protouring world but I love how much its transformed the feel of my car. Doesn't feel like the same sloppy boat anymore and I guarantee you haven't seen another one.

I am going to make a thread soon showing everything I've done. I wish I documented more of the process but I work in an underground garage with bad lighting. I have an instragram showing progress here: http://www.instagram.com/cutlasssupreme

Last edited by yeahbuddy; November 4th, 2020 at 11:19 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 06:45 AM

FWIW, I'm a big guy (6'4", 270lbs) and drive, uh, spiritedly, so I got the Rallye XL. I've modified the bolsters quite a bit to widen the seat and reduce the height and size of the bolsters (they really are huge). Also modified the mounting bracket and slides to move the seat down and back. Need to get new covers made as the original covers are now baggy and loose. The Procar slides are marginal - take care with adjusting the cross tie. Our options for bolstered seats are really quite limited.
In good news, adding the heated/cooled module from leatherseats.com was very straight forward.
I think the default Procar mount puts the seat more-or-less in the same area as the OE seat, possibly a little higher.

As for the security of the seat, the seat does not save you in a crash. The belts save you, and they're anchored to the reinforced points on the body. The seat is just along for the ride, just like you. It's the same with the OE seats - it's just 4 5/16 anchors. So the Procar is no worse, no better, than OE. Which is fine.

On sound deadening, there's a great site - sounddeadenershowdown.com - with a ton of info. He's closed up the shop, but the site with all the info is still there. The net is the butyl backed stuff is good to reduce vibrations, but you only need a little of it on each panel. I put maybe 1 sq ft of butyl backed metal on the roof, then covered with foam.